Is there less players than before reforged?

I honestly have to wonder if the player population actually dipped from WC3 to WC3: reforged - especially after the initial surge on release.

I played online WC3 custom games on and off since 2004, but I haven’t touched it since reforged. While I’m tempted to go back and have a look at the state of the game, it’s hard to get over how disappointed I am with Actiblizzard.

I don’t think the game took on many new players, and I think it lost quite a lot of its veteran players. The game will never be able to recover from this disastrous release and it’s such a massive shame; WC3 was STILL a great game and had potential to become even better. Now I’m wishing reforged never happened.

11 Likes

I’d say it’s a very solid “Yes.”

Some people might have started returning, but I can’t imagine it being equal or higher to the amount of players Pre-forged.

3 Likes

I and other 4 friends, dont playing more this game.

Playing Dota allStart very much years, with update for reforged, dont play more.

3 Likes

I can imagine that some people don’t have a modern PC, good internet speed or even enough space for the 30GB just to play Classic, even if they would like to continue playing the game. I bet not everyone can afford what’s needed or don’t even see it as necessary to do so because it wasn’t necessary before Reforged either.

And well, some people who might fulfil the requirements could still get betrayed by some bugs, performance issues & cut features that come with the new version.

1 Like

Good if you look at it is still campaigns and maps for the old version … so it is clear that there are many people who did not go to Reforged.
For my part, I came for the reforged and personalized campaigns so … I’ll see a bit more if they correct the basic things of Reforged or if I have to go to the “non-legal” side of the internet.

1 Like

You aren’t just whistling Dixie there pall.