Is there any remaster worse than WC3 Reforged?

think this might be the worst remaster of all time by any company and by far most embarrassing with a massive installation size.

10 Likes

Crysis remastered is the certain leader in this list. WC is pretty playable, just unfinished/unpolished

1 Like

no, the answer is no

13 Likes

Is there a master that removes content from the original Game? If there is another who does the same, it may be worse than this one. Yes No No.

9 Likes

in bottom of top 5 worst remasters. But attituded from blizzard is the worst. Still can’t believe how much disrespect and pathetic position they hold without admitting how they messed UP our game…

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

14 Likes

I think Modern Warfare Remastered (another Activision game, go figure) resold stuff that was originally DLC at a higher price than the DLC was on the original, does that one count?

4 Likes

It’s called “Blizzard Remastered”.
The original developers are still missing…

4 Likes

netease client is good

and with more of these posts and more of the hate, you make it even worse.
god damn it, it has been almost a year, so get over it or play something else.

The Remaster of the DSA game Blade of Destiny. It took one whole year of intensive patching to bring the game out of a state where it whas unplayable.
Then Heroes of Might and Magic 3.
For HD Graphic and translation they sacrificed mp and add-ons.

1 Like

but can you continue playing the original?

2 Likes

Short answer? No.

3 Likes

I was looking forward to the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles remaster.

It was botched pretty hard, with no local co-op (the whole games was DESIGNED for local co-op) and many problems to its progression system. Basically if you made more progress than the person you’re joining, you’re gonna permanently lose your progress by replacing it with theirs.

1 Like

The problem with a lot of these games is that you had an original development team with a clear and concise vision for what the game should look like and play like. They execute that vision and the game is great, the players love it. It’s smooth, crisp, with features that make sense for the game; nothing feels overwrought.

And then. Years down the road. What is, essentially, an entirely DIFFERENT development team from the same company picks it up and is told to make it better. Only, they don’t have a sense of what the game is and should be in the first place, so they take a masterpiece and make it into something it is not. Then it ends up sucking.

4 Likes

Take the Reforged models, for example. I am picking that as an example because, visually, that is the most obvious change in the game. The models are…weird. It’s not that the models are BAD, per se (although, personally, I don’t like the way they look), but they deviate so far from the feel of the original models that you may as well be playing an entirely different game.

This is why streamers and pro players, in general, don’t use Reforged graphics at all because the models are so different, visually, that it may as well be like learning to play an entirely new game as far as unit recognition and snap decision-making is concerned.

To be fair, it’s difficult to address any new updates to graphics compared to original.

Even with many remasters I’ve played, as soon as I jump into a community talking about graphics changes for any competitive game remake, it ends up being the same thing - how they notice something change and suddenly the graphics are unusable.

Think SC:Remaster’s graphics were great? I do too. Yet the truth and reality? Many SC competitive players still use SD graphics over the new stuff

With Reforged, I think the graphics are very off-style and do not resemble the old graphics at all, and that is more reason to competitively use the old graphics over new. I think for the campaign and custom maps though, that is where the new graphics shine.

1 Like

readability and game performance are the dealbreakers for me. on top of that comes wasted potential. how cool could destroyers look with the new lighting effects and shaders? what did we get? a box of used cat litter.

2 Likes

Well the lighting effects and shaders are a bit of a different issue from readability and game performance.

Look at the graphics under Quenching Mod, they’re way improved in reflections and color tones. But that still doesn’t address readability.

To be honest, the Destroyer looked pretty ‘blobby’ in SD, and I don’t really notice it being any less readable in the game now. That being said I don’t really play competitively so I’m just basing this on just looking at the model, not reading it at a competitive level. I’d almost think the HD model has to look worse in order to match up to the original.

this is 1 of the biggest problems i see with WC3 Reforged. It essentially erased a lot of features in the original in some sort of assumption that WC3 Reforged would be better, but to this date, it remains very far from completion and in the 1st year of it being live, hardly any improvements were offered except to baseline functionality (i.e. being able to connect to a game and stay connected).

3 Likes

No, the the problem is way simpler: they don’t deliver what they promised and cut features from the original.

This isn’t misunderstanding. This is neglect

3 Likes