Inside info from a user says there is no longer a team actively developing Reforged

It’s probably over folks. Cannot be certain you know since it’s just one user with inside info, but it’s probably time to stop asking for updates and accept this is the best state that reforged is ever going to get to.

So for those of you who have been waiting for updates or anything really, probably time to jump on WC3 champs and be happy with what the community was able to make.

Link to info: xhttps://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/kx05p3/why_has_there_been_no_patch_in_so_long_i_mean/

5 Likes

I’m laughing really hard now because you don’t need insider info to know that. xD The only ones developing the game are w3champions.

14 Likes

I don’t see anyone in there claiming to be an insider… Just regular users, some of them pointing out stuff like Reforged not being listed on the Holiday sale page, which anyone could see.

That being said, Reforged being abandoned?

2 Likes

Interesting tactic with your title. The single post says that someone saw someone else claim they have insider info, and the poster was even skeptical.

That’s one way to skew words to fit one’s narrative.

2 Likes

[quote user=“BrotherRoga”]I don’t see anyone in there claiming to be an insider…[/quote]This.

But then again, it wouldn’t surprise me, just make me really sad. There’s still hope that a skeleton crew is working on something big - it just takes very long because they don’T have many people. Similar like the last SC2 editor update, when not much was happening until then and then boom update (yeah, yeah, I know, SC2 still got gameplay updates until then).

From the looks of it… it kinda seems this way but I think that China’s interest in Warcraft III is too great for Blizzard to ignore.
China does have regular Warcraft III tournaments.

1 Like

China has it’s completely own ecosystem which has nothing to do with Actiblizz, it’s called Netease.

2 Likes

Nah. What make sense is that managers want to show something that does not look too ridiculous at the blizconline. Possible ladders, clan and a few minor graphical improvements.

That won’t be great, but won’t be ridiculous in the eyes of the shareholders.

Anyway, yeah, if nothing shows up at the blizcon, I think we should all fight for a refund. At least, I will.

2 Likes

[quote=“DesignDragon-1600, post:1, topic:26411”]
Cannot be certain you know since it’s just one user with inside info, but it’s probably time to stop asking for updates and accept this is the best state that reforged is ever going to get to.[/quote]

^ Refer to above quote. The user could be lying though, idk. I did not skew any words though. That’s literally what the guy in the reddit thread said.

There’s a post in there that mentions a user had inside info and confirmed there was no active development team on Reforged. Like I quoted above though, there is the possibility it’s wrong and a lie, but it’s not looking good.

And that is the basis of my criticism of your click bait title. You worded it definitively when it’s clearly not, hence the skewing.

2 Likes

Another user said that they are working on Warcraft 4, but I’m not sure if I believe that.

Very likely because I just made this up right now.

3 Likes

No, I said inside info from a user says there is no longer a team actively developing reforged.

Hopefully you’re right and reforged is being developed. Would be awesome if so, but I mean monthly dev updates did stop right after the second month and there has no been a significant patch since Oct 20th. Almost a quarter of a year but I guess we will see.

Yes. “Insider info” implies a definitive source. But it’s not confirmed, it’s even doubted. However, you left that key piece of information out of your title.

2 Likes

Those are the words the redditor used. Additional details are in the OP body which should be sufficient.

1 Like

Those were part of the words the redditor used. You cherry picked them for your click bait title.

1 Like

He said a user had inside info. “less than a skeleton crew” and “locked in a basement” didn’t seem any more accurate. I quoted the part that was not simply his opinion and explained the possibility of doubt in the OP body. For some reason you’re really butt hurt about this.

Notice I haven’t said a word about the body. You misrepresented another’s words to create a click bait title. I may be butt hurt, but you couldn’t even stop yourself from misrepresenting someone so that it could fit your narrative, in the one place that’s meant to sum up the point of the your post.

What gives your agenda away is your choice not to correct it.

1 Like

Imagine the day when human beings overcome our primitive evolutionary checksum of sprinkled darwinian insurance policies where the prefrontal cortex basically metabolically takes a lifelong coma, and with it all the vacuous noises these sorts of personalities cultivate lost in the oblivion of time.

The bopping eachother over the head with clubs scaled up to what we call war is probably not something we want to get involved with since we can split the atom in such a feverish chain reaction that we honestly cant afford it anymore. That said we still are mutating, with a bottomless pit called the first world.

I’m not misrepresenting anyone. There is a user that claims to have this inside info.

1 Like

You do realize that your title gives the impression that what this user claims is factual, right? You even seem to believe this user yourself, according to what you’ve said in this very thread (Which I’ve emphasised for posterity):

The wording here leaves out the context behind the full quote from the user who you based your title on and misrepresents it (Which I, again, emphasised, to point out even the user himself doubts this, there is no actual confirmation anywhere):

Furthermore, even if you say one “Cannot be certain” right after that in the thread it still fulfills the requirements for a clickbait title by omission of context. I don’t normally agree with Leviathan on things about Reforged but this is one of those times.

1 Like