Inconsistencies in Classic WC3 that you want to see fixed in Reforged

When Arthas merge with the lich king he fell asleep for 5 years (TFT-WoTLK). In this time he talk with Ner’zul and Mathias Lether (The part of Arthas that is still have some humanity). While he “talk” (he killed Mathias and then Ner’zul in his dream) he comand the scourge to build all the fortress in northrend.

Matthias Lehner. The spelling is very important because the name is an Anagram of Arthas Menethil and he is the remaining humanity of the fallen Prince.

1 Like

Not in TfT though.

We do not know. It just ended right after Arthas put on the helm of Dominance. After it there whas nothing if I remember correctly.

It didn’t look like Arthas was sleeping but watching from above sitting on the frozen throne like the king of the world.

If you look only in the lore of Warcraft 3 RoC and TFT you are right. We must see what patch reforged should follow.

1 Like

Thrall’s Wolf Snowsong is a Frostwolf. Frostwolves are always white so the Wolf he rides need to be white like those of the Farseers.

1 Like

Hmm… I haven’t read Lord of the Clans yet to confirm that his wolf is canonically white or black (well it was published 2 years before WC3 so it should be canon)

I’ll look into it

Also added this one: Lordaeron Campaign screen lore error

Chris Metzen was responsible for the great lore in the games, and also arguably some of the worst lore. What he does now doesn’t even compare to the story that was written back in the day, and that’s the inevitable truth of it all.

A modern Metzen Warcraft 4 would be closer to the WoW comics (Gladiator Varian, Guardian Med’an) than Warcraft 3. I mean look at Starcraft 2 and the ‘mature’ tones that were inserted into it, with an aging Raynor and the lingering romance tale with Kerrigan. That was not the tone of the original Starcraft at all, yet these creative decisions were spearheaded by Metzen and co in a time when they decide to tell a different tale to a different audience.

The fate of Warcraft 3 quality storytelling is in the hands of the fans. The Devs are too limited by internal politics and marketting to pull out another Warcraft 3. Just look at any of their franchises and see how watered down they’ve all become. They only make stories that appeal to wide markets, and that means holding everyone’s hand through the story and making sure everyone understands who the bad guys are.

1 Like

Aren’t a lot of these inconsistencies based on things that were later written in books or in WoW?

If anything wouldn’t those be the inconsistencies, since Warcraft III was made prior?

1 Like

As I said, Lord of the Clans was published 2 years before WC3, therefore it should be canon

2 Likes

Also, show me one thing that came from post-WC3 books or WoW? The only one I posted was already removed out long before

He’s not working for ActiBlizz for some years now as far as I know.
I get your point though. That’s why I think its wasn’t just Chris working on the older games but others as well.

Sadly, something that most video games companies do.

1 Like

Oh yeah I forgot: Stratholme used to be a harbor/port city in WC2. Give it back.

1 Like

So… they replaced Darkspears in Blackrock missions with Forest Trolls… not bad I must say. Nice callback to the Second War Horde

But HUMAN CAPTAINS In Silvermoon?! WHY?!

2 Likes

I envy you guys, your prayers are the ones that were actually answered. Looks like they didn’t listen to my suggestions :frowning:

2 Likes

Chen Stormstout is still saying he is comming from Pandaria while in MoP it whas said he come from the wandering Island.

1 Like

Chen Stormstout is still saying he is comming from Pandaria while in MoP it whas said he come from the wandering Island.

I honestly kinda prefer this retcon the Warcraft III way. I always thought wandering isle was kind-of a stupid concept. Not only did we discover Pandaria (the ancient home of the Pandaren, we’d heard of since Warcraft III) but here’s this entirely separate island, with an entirely separate group of Pandaren who we just HAPPENED to find them the same day! What luck!

Also it’s been years since MoP, my memory is fuzzy - I know Chen & Lili were exploring the continent with new eyes alongside us, but How do they account for the other Stormstouts on Pandaria? Because I know he has family there. So you’d think his lineage at least began there? (I don’t remember the details…)

I’m actually shocked they even put that bare minimum amount of effort in to be honest.

These changes have to do if or if in the near future, I hope that they carry out a total revision of all the maps and carry out a thorough remake of all those that should be adapted, both in the field and in the dialogues, effects, missions, characters, everything important, leaving aside the original campaign which should remain apart without changes.

2 Likes