Imported Models invisible

HI everyone. I have tried importing some valcyrie models however when I play the game they are invisible. I can see them on my mini-map but the model doesn’t seem to have imported properly. Any advice?

1 Like

go to https://viewer.hiveworkshop.com/check/ , and there will be a web page that analyzes Warcraft III model files and checks them for possible issues.

At first the page is blank with some boxes. Open the “Explorer” of your PC and go to where you have your custom “valcyrie” model file. Press the mouse on the model and DRAG the file with your mouse still held down, until the mouse passes over the website tab you opened in paragraph #1. Let go the mouse when it is over that website.

Now you should see the model file appear in 3D in one of those boxes. In the center box of your screen there will be a series of possible model file errors listed. This tells you everything that might be wrong with the model that could cause it not to load.

If the model is solid color (solid WHITE or solid BLACK) then it probably requires a custom texture file. If you need help with including the custom texture file with your model, you should follow a tutorial online.

If you are using an outdated version of Warcraft III, such as a version prior to the 1.32 Reforged crossplay engine, then the problem that you are seeing (“imported models invisible”) in the old versions can be caused by you failing to follow the tutorial on how to import a texture asset for the model in the correct way.

On the 1.32 Reforged crossplay engine, when using the “classic graphics”, in this version of the game the rendering system is updated so that you no longer can have “Imported Models invisible” problem from an incorrect texture file. In this version, the invisible model means that something more is wrong. In this version, when the model uses a custom texture asset that the World Editor map maker did not import correctly, then the model will still be visible but the missing texture will display as solid WHITE color ingame.

Another case that can cause models to be invisible would be if you are importing a model file that uses the Reforged HD Render Mode, but you did not purchase the Reforged version of Warcraft III (or even if you did, if you selected to use Classic Graphics). When you are running the World Editor or the Warcraft III: Reforged application in the “Classic Graphics” rendering mode, any model file (whether custom imported, or normal built-in) that requires the advanced Reforged render technologies will be totally invisible when you attempt to view it. But in this case, the game/editor will not display any error message.

1 Like

Look here: