If you'd like the classic client back please consider signing

There was a petition for WoW Classic that Mark Kern brought to Blizzard and eventually the release of WoW Classic.

I wouldn’t say it’s a complete waste of time, anything is possible.

Also, to expand on the topic: maybe more people are happy with the new client and prefer it in which case I’ll concede the argument but I’d like some way with numbers regarding those of us who want the old client preferred the old client and didnt buy reforged to voice our concerns. I’m sure there are better ways but I’d like to make an attempt

FYI, you CAN go back to the classic bnet client. Search for the thread “OMG! I can go back to Classic TFT” for instructions x_https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/omg-i-can-go-back-to-classic-tft-now-everyone-come-read-d/16355

1 Like

Read the blue post at the top of the forum. WCIII Classic is not gone. When they stand up the new MMP servers they will support Classic and Reforged. This petition is unneccesary.

@Ichor I am not seeing anything about the classic client. Are you referring to the client or game?

@dum I will give that a shot and see if battle.net connects. Thanks

Here’s the relevant section with reference to the original game still being in play (highlighted):

It is a brief mention, so it’s not surprising a lot of people missed it. The language differentiates it from Reforged.

I am still not seeing anything regarding the classic client.

“also address the issue for players of the original game”… a.k.a. WCIII Classic…including the client.

Think about it. There would be no need for them to use that verbiage if they were not still supporting it.

@Ichor, No it’s not, I have/had Warcraft III RoC and TFT, but every references to TFT are gone in the client. I am even not sure if TFT exists anymore… Blizzard has made a enormous mistake to remove the classic game, for something that’s not finished and at this point there is only the question will they fix it… There was a time I would not question this but with this action… The should Classic and reforged stay side by side, or make it what the where promising.

I honestly don’t believe in those petitions, and I don’t sign my name lightly, but I share the sentiment.

In the new client, yes, because they adopted the TFT balance changes for the entire campaign. Unless you mean something different?

“also address the issue for players of the original game”

That’s very selective of you, here’s the entire quote:

" At BlizzCon we talked a lot about how the team is actively working on standing up the back-end to ensure a smooth transition to this new MMR system , much like we did with StarCraft: Remastered. As with Remastered, these and other features will be included in a major patch for Reforged, which will also address the issue for players of the original game ."

I’m guessing you don’t understand, what they are saying is, yes we will bring back the MMR system, for both Reforged AND Classic players. They didn’t say they would bring the Classic client back, just that anyone that didn’t buy Reforged will also be able to use the MMR system, which was already IN the Classic client, they just removed it for when they released Reforged for some reason.

If they were going to allow us to use the Classic client, they would have said so. They are being purposefully vague for a reason.

That’s very selective of you. I used the entire quote in a post higher up the thread. The person responding did not see the section I’d highlighted in bold, so I pulled it out and quoted it for him/her.

Try following the entire discussion. The thread is not that long yet.

That said, I don’t disagree that it is vague, but that’s what I believe they are inferring based on the context.

You’re using those 10 words to try and paint a picture as if they are currently planning on bringing back the Classic client, which they clearly aren’t, otherwise they would have said so.

If you read the entire quote in it’s entirety it’s painfully obvious they won’t bring back the Classic client, that’s what I meant by you being very selective.

plz gimme old games back

Um, no, I used the entire quote further up. You’re belaboring the fact that I highlighted those words again because the responder wasn’t getting what I was saying. I disagree that it is as obvious as you think it is.

If they were going to bring back the Classic client why wouldn’t they just say so? It would stop the review bombing, it would stop all the negativity on their own forums and reddit and all over the rest of the internet, what you’re saying just makes no sense. It is as obvious as I am saying, they have NO PLANS to bring back the Classic client.

@Ichor you’re still not making the case. this is saying nothing about the original client. The quote only relates to MMR, profiles, clans, etc. The key phrase here is “will be included in a major patch for Reforged.” This is stating the opposite of what we’re saying.

1 Like

Yes there is. But the question is how far would true fans actually go to make their voices heard? I just CANCELED my World of Warcraft subscription, deleted and reclaimed a lot of hard drive space on my computer. That is the only way your voice will be heard from corporate people.

The primary question here is this: can the original client’s battle.net backend cross-play with the reforged client. I would assume it’s possible but I do not work at blizzard so I don’t know their infrastructure. As of now, I am stuck with a client which hogs resources, includes somewhere around 28 gb of bloat and has removed options and settings I had before. It’s a downgrade. Will it get better? Possibly but from past experience with Blizzard I do not think so.

1 Like