If you had a choice

If you could make another Warcraft game which one would you choose to make

1. Warcraft IV
  2. Warcraft 3 Remastered ( how they remastered Starcraft 1 not like Reforged which is a half-breed between a Remake and Remastered and with Models and Units that have the same animation as the old ones )
  3. Warcraft 3 Remake ( pretty much what they promised at Blizzcon 2018 with new UI, Cutscenes, Voice over etc.)

Warcraft 3 Unchanged.

15 Likes

Neither. Modern Blizzard is incapable of producing content of value.

12 Likes

High res models. New campaign. Few new units. Something like a second add-on with overall UI and graphical improvements. That’s all.

1 Like

w3champions :smiley:

1 Like

I would functionally support option 3 while visually and UI theme and artistically support option 2.

It only seems logical to me.

1 Like

No warcraft 4. It’s too little too late.

There’s no one left at the company to head another RTS. That’s why Dreamhaven is a thing.

I asked if YOU could make another Warcraft game not Blizzard

Well I’m already working with Chronicles of the Second War WC2 mod so I think that answers what I would do.

2 Likes

Literal warcraft 3 frozen throne original.

1 Like

This ^. I think some of Warcraft character’s Heroes of the Storm models would be a good guide for the art style (partially because the guy who worked them also did the original classic WC3 models). The HotS models still have WC3 cartoonish animation style but are more detailed and polished.

The model animations should not be so different that you can’t toggle between them in game like you can in SC remastered.

I’d rather not see the Fourth War get an RTS adaptation

I’d prefer to see them do a WoW: Restart before that happens

I think work they did was fine.
New craphics were good.
Campaing is still good and new craphics make it exciting.
Improving ping was fine.
Menu is fine and dont lag for me.

High ping with chinese on game is not good. But its tolerable if other things are in order.

Hateful comments was not fine.
Reseting campaing progres was not fine.
Balance patched they made were mostly unnecessary and it took game in wrong direction.

To sum it up, i wait until haters leave and there will be ladder patch. And then i will recheck this work.

A remaster. If they had not touched the way bnet works and just made the current models look better with the same animations I would’ve been happy, would’ve been a lot less work and people probably wouldn’t complain about reforged being harder to distinguish units. Plus, we’d still have a ladder and profiles…

Well reforged is a monstrosity; so I’d much rather just have Warcraft the way it used to be just with the classic models spruced up a bit nothing like the graphics now where you can’t tell anything apart, the sizing is all messed up, and the terrain plus mines look like cartoons.

I’d want the original menus just cleaned up the new menus are extremely laggy and awful looking.

Commands need to come back like /f l or being able to whisper someone you’re not friends with which is how I was able to meet a lot of different players back in the day.

I just think reforged wasn’t thought through enough; it can be fixed but it will take blizzard eating a sh*t sandwich and owning up to mistakes and removing or improving them though I doubt that will ever happen.

2 Likes

Well that was the problem from the start. They didn’t thought about how much time it would need to remake this game with what they promised at Blizzcon 2018

Total War Warcraft.
They give TW a license and they will make a TW with a W3 theme and with total freedom to fill in the plot holes as they want.

Warcraft 1 but as a third-person action RPG.
Just for giggles, I guess.

But no, the proper Warcraft 3 Reforged that we got promised.

I do have a choice. Warsmash. Dream forever. Accept responsibility. Invent your own future. The answer is in us.

I feel like this piece of trash is fine if it were compatible with the old maps and junk. I’ve been playing it for a minute with the campaign and custom games just like old times and haven’t been all that disappointed… The disappointing part is from what I’m hearing on these forums it isn’t possible to load up old warcraft 3 mods with the new version. I’m also a little pissed about the insistence on being on bnet, games in the nineties weren’t constantly interested in what you were doing in the creepy way all the AAA companies are today.

2 Likes