Ideias about heroes of each race

1- HU: every hero gets a very small XP penalty whenever an unit is lost. That penalty would only be taken into account on a future XP gain, so as not to immediately reduce the hero’s total XP but only his/her progress.

That would sorta ilustrate some morale factor acting in the army - a leader should have a harder time getting more powerful when some of his/her army is being slaughtered around him/her.

That penalty would be increased by 10 fold if the player slays his/her own unit, of course. That would make denying for HU a lot more situational and it would actually make sense to be like that.

To compensate, HU heroes would have +1 health regen by default. That would represent the resilience of the human race.

Special: Paladin doesn’t gain XP from killing workers, or if creeping alone with Divine shield. Those actions are Just not paladin’like.

2- ORC: every hero would become instantly bloodlusted If his/her army loses about 15 to 20 pop in a short amount of time. That would represent the orcish rage when facing true bloodshed, and the honour to fight to the death for the horde.

3- UD: every hero gains twice as much XP than normal from killing workers. Reason: the scourge grows stronger the more chaos they spread, and the more cowardly and fear-inciting they are.

4- NE: female heroes can shadowmeld. Wait, that’s already in game, so that is special enough, I guess. Can’t think of anything for the male heroes.

So a DK with a few skellies kills 2 peasant, gains double the XP and the human loses XP?
that would make it impossible for human to creep

is this a serious suggestion? denials are good play

youre clearly biased against humans for some reason lol

think of XP as the soul of your unit, and when the enemy kills your unit they “steal” the XP or “soul” but, if you deny the kill you are saving the soul by preventing the enemy from taking the XP

or another way to look at is; in “war” you cant let your weakest link drag down the rest of the army, leaders cant save everybody and must know when to make sacrifices

theres better ways to balance the game, and since you dont like paladin sniping acolytes, check out my post for an upgrade to haunted goldmines

this might be an interesting spell if it was based on # of surrounding corpses, rather than units lost

3 Likes

Thanks for the comments!

So a DK with a few skellies kills 2 peasant, gains double the XP and the human loses XP?
that would make it impossible for human to creep

That´s a good point, but all numbers would surely be subject to change, sorry for not making it clear before. Anyways, my idea could even help the overall balance in the end, and be used to bring more diversity into the game. If I may amplify the scope of the idea a little, we could have that the DK and Lich would gain 25% more XP from worker kills, whereas the CL and DL would be the ones to gain 100% more, or something around that. So, yes, a HU player would have to be extra careful with his/her workers when facing UD, but don´t forget that HU heores would have +1 health regen/sec to better creep, harrass and whatnot.

Any other overall balance changes to make the idea fit would need to be done, of course, like giving HU peasants +10HP, if really needed.

This is just an idea to make the game more interesting, not a precise way to fix current balance issues of the game!!!

They would still be an option for HU, but they would have to consider a lot more when to really go for it.

Actually I like HU the best but I try to be fair. +1 health regen is quite a good buff, I think.

Sure, but leaving someone behind to die as a strategy is very different from killing your own unit just so that the enemy doesn´t kill it.

We see it different ways, that´s fine.

Thanks, I had done it already!

Perhaps that would work, too, but it would probably be bad if an orc kills some of the enemy units and gain a buff right after it, for it would make comebacks against orc too hard to accomplish.

even if CL/DL got a 0.66% boost, it still seems too high and imbalanced… another way you could word it is like, say the CL gets 2x the beetles from worker corpses, or DL gets 2x vamp aura from human peasants, but it just doesnt make any sense why its against human only.

Most people agree that Undead needs more unit variety so they dont have to use the same strategy every game, but that has to do with tier2/3 more than how heroes gain XP. Blizzard is also considering changing the shop items for each race, so that could play a major role in changing meta

every race has health regen except Ud who relies on blight or DK aura. 1 extra HP regen isnt going to do much really like a lot of pros will sell the Ring of Regen item, and Human also has devotion aura with Paladin which essentially works in a similar way.

Balance requires very small incremental tweaks inorder to test how it effects overall strategies, and a good way to test this is by giving the Bloodmage a little extra regen and see if that makes him any more popular in melee/ladder

thats certainly true

1 Like

You play casually thats ok, but these changes only deserve to be in a custom gametype.