Idea for Crypt Lord: Spiked Carapace Carrion Beetles

Crypt Lord spiked carapace isn’t used much at all. Applying spiked carapace to beetle health and armor could be a better solution than giving the beetles their full health back.

That would be 15/25/35% bonus health and possibly 3/5/7 bonus armor applied to beetles for each level of spiked carapace. You’d have to give up the powerful Impale to get these armored beetles though.

This along with the burrow nerf and a movement speed nerf could be an elegant solution for crypt lord.

2 Likes

Wintermute, introducing synergy between beetles and carapace would be nice. For beetles +3/+5/+7 bonus armor is too much but +1/+2/+3 is possible. I would be glad to see a change in this direction.

Realistically, in game, players will keep choosing Beetles1-Impale1-Beetles2-Impale2-Impale3, because Impale is one of the strongest late game aoe damage + stun.

I agree I’m just trying to come up with an alternative where spiked carapace is viable. How overpowered do those beetles need to be to make players consider spiked carapace over impale? You can’t say 3/5/7 armor is way too strong and then in the next breath say players will never take it anyway. I could see reducing the movement speed even more and increasing their mana cost more as well in exchange.

Let’s say this way: nobody wants to see even stronger beetles in the early game. In the late game, armor upgrades for beetles don’t matter that much, because players use dispel to kill them. That’s why spiked carapace you will see for CL only starting from level 7 or 8.

If CL is used as a 3rd hero, the skill order becomes Impale1 - Carapace1-Impale2 - … Spiked Carapace buff here matters only for the hero, not for beetles.

A crazy idea would be if spiked carapace would slightly buff not only Cryptlord’s beetles armor, but also crypt fiends’ armor … This will be interesting to test.

No, I do not agree !
Don’t u see Blizz is always making UD stronger and stronger again?
You touched too many times CL we are sick of CL changes! Let it be as it is now !

Better make Warden’s Blink ability free? Or reduce the cost like 5 manna! This never gonna happen , but UD becames every time stronger !

I love the spiked capraces :D, with an anti magic shell and some curses he tanks everything, (once you reach 48% damage negation :O) with the beetles or impale hindering the opponent (i mostly just invest in one mana ability) - (backed up with a howl of terror pitlord, not much damage gets done on your troops)