I will take pre-reforged client over unfinished bad work

if u aint gonna fix ladder and all else that’s missing
just give option to load older client
no one wants reforged anyway.

also a question, is there any kind of mmr in versus mode or is it a completely random opponent ?

8 Likes

Everyone wants this. There is MMR, yes. If you type !MMR in game you can see your MMR. I believe 5000 is where everyone starts.

I want the old client with the new MMR system and new balance patches. Nothing else… and make it take 2GB on my disk.

3 Likes

I want the old “unsecure” battlenet…

4 Likes

To be fair, it is pretty damn unsecure, there’s a reason IRC is basically dead at this point. And that’s what old battle.net’s chat system operates on.

I want the old client with the new MMR system and new balance patches. Nothing else… and make it take 2GB on my disk.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, while downloading the high res assets is annoying, the disk space the game takes is still pretty trivial compared to the disk sizes of today. While most of the complaints i hear about the game are valid, this disk space complaint still honestly baffles me. Storage is cheap these days. You can get terabytes of storage for what a 20GB drive cost a decade ago. 30odd gigs is nothing and most new games today take well more than that. It does suck to download that much on a slow connection, yes, but once you have it…

WPA2 is unsecure too, but noone seems to complain about it^^

The disk space is just an awful design choice. It fully matches the definition of bloatware…

6 Likes

It’s not disk space being used for the sake of using it. the high res assets take up expoentially more space than that of the textures used at the game’s release. It has a purpose.

Yes, if you don’t have reforged you’re probably not using it, but it is still possible, because it can be used in the world editor, which has always come with WC3, whether you ever used it or not. Is the world editor “bloatware?”

They should just allow us to download a Classic Only version of Reforged where you won’t have access to no HD models, since they have the infustructure for such feature.

I would, and alot of people would reinstall just to get rid of something they don’t use. even as a mapmaker, i get that it allowes people to make HD maps without owning HD, but yeah umm, i still don’t want to do anything with those models so, how about they use existing infustructure to not be annoying to us.
so it should totally be an option we have.

WE is not bloatware because it doesn’t cost 90% of the game space to exist. War3R is entirely fully functional without HD models and there is an overwhelming amount of people who would welcome the option to not download them with a reinstall.

SC2 actually makes it an “option” to download their world editor even though its probably not even 500MB, very trivial, but for Reforged i would much rather appriciate a negative 24-25GB in my disk space, W3R is sitting in my SSD driver, i never had an issue with lack of space, but that doesn’t justify for Blizzard to not provide an option to play the game that is entirely possible to play with 90% less size, it plays more into one of the traditional values and advantages of war3 being a light-wight game with amazing level of depth and content that’s all optional.

There is alot of issues with Reforged, but 2 of the things i would fix to give people atleast a bit of space to catch their breath is have a light-wight download feature, and better connection servers. i for one would atleast be excited to play the game and get comfortable and be more optimistic about future updates.

2 Likes

for creating maps that cannot be tested…

that’s some kind of mastermind behind that isn’t it?^^

still bloatware…

5 Likes

You can still test them, they just won’t show up for you. Using the newest version means that people who do have reforged can benefit from their presence.

WE is not bloatware because it doesn’t cost 90% of the game space to exist.

The amount of disk space isn’t what makes bloatware bloatware. Bloatware is something that has no purpose other than to fill space, regardless of the amount. If you have no interest in making maps, then the world editor itself is technically bloatware to you, assets or no assets.

While I’m not against making the HD assets an optional download, I just don’t see this as the issue you make it out to be. Even cheap PCs sold today have terabytes (tibibytes, whatever) of space. the space Reforged takes up is nothing, especially compared to the newest games today.

I’m a game programmer. They have some kind of asset file system. In the past that was an MPQ file. It’s something different now. This kind of systems support streaming of asset files. It should be relatively easy to download a new asset file AFTER install. With this kind of setup they would be able to fetch new graphics files IF I bought Reforged. IF I only have the classic, then it would not download the new assets. This should cut base install size by around 20GB. I’m pretty sure that they already have an asset file download solution implemented. The fact that this isn’t in place just shows how LOW QUALITY this remaster is. Everything about this game is CHEAP, AMATEUR and LO-FI.

8 Likes

Stating an unwanted advantage is entirely irrelevant to this conversation, we don’t want to benefit from an unwanted presence of something that we have no use for and that is taking 90% of the space we would prefer to have free.

Bloatware is referred to Reforged models because of a community sentiment not because of technical correction/correlation.

Space available to be used is not space permitted to be used, when the game can function with 90% less size. also your implications and assumbtions about the availability of free space like candy is more vulnerable to downplaying an issue and evident of ignorance of peoples situations around the world. because the “its not much of a space issue” is primarily a narrow first world argument. narrow because it doesn’t hold up true 100% there either.

What you assume to be super cheap is not really super cheap everywhere else, and even then, my American friend has his laptop, he worked and got it, it can run Reforged, great, except its taking too much space, an issue that can be fixed so easily from Blizzard to benefit so many people should never be cast aside, and the fact that i even have to sit down and argue with you on something that can be so easily implemented to relieve people of the burden tells me more about your misunderstanding of how space is not merely handled but respected.

Even though i have 1.5-2TB of space technically available alot of it is used, and Reforged, i’m already accommodating for it by installing it in my SSD driver which only has 225 GB of space, i would much rather have a negative 23GB of space there thank you very much, the bloody game is so poorly optimized i can’t be bothered to run it on a HDD. this game is the most disrespectful violation of space without validating or justifying the use of such space that iv’e ever seen and i hate that. nobody asked for ScII’s world editor to be a seperate install when its probably like 500MB, but they respected peoples space regardless. with Reforged the reason people have grown acustomed to using the word bloatware as a slang word is because it absolutely does not justify the consumed space. you give an option to those people for a compacted SD only mode and better connection you’ll start to see the playcount for the game go up faster.

In a day and age where because of the advancement of technology, software developers and game publishers just rely on brute force of space, data and CPU power instead of doing proper optimization to their game, consider me a person who refuses to accept their bowling sheets.

4 Likes

Ok now, just to make clear what you are proposing: turn off you monitor, move your mouse randomly, try to hit the reply button on my comment.
Don’t worry, when I see the reply (that must also be perfectly formatted english text, maybe add some links too) I will contact you and tell you what’s wrong. You can still blindly repeat the process as many times as you want.

Is it clear what you are saying?

Again, bloatware…

1 Like

Stating an unwanted advantage is entirely irrelevant to this conversation, we don’t want to benefit from an unwanted presence of something that we have no use for and that is taking 90% of the space we would prefer to have free.

I personally do not care how much space the game takes up as long as my disk isn’t full. You are being pedantic about something that isn’t actually a problem purely on a principle. By your own logic, you don’t want the editor itself either, so that’s bloatware taking up space you would rather be free.

Unless you are actually hurting for disk space, the amount of space the game is taking up does not hurt you. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. Of all of Reforged’s shortcomings (of which we likely agree there are many), this one is by far the most insignificant. It is reasonable to argue that it isn’t really necessary, it is not reasonable to argue that it is in any way harmful to you.

Suit yourself, we agree to disagree then. i’ll continue to advocate for a game with 90% less size and something that is easily achieveable from Blizzards side and something that will benefit tons of people across the board.

You continue to advocate for features we already have with W3C. because you got beat by bronze players.

Good man BrotherRoga probably wants both of our suggestions done. i love that dude.

4 Likes

3 Likes

who doesn’t… <3

1 Like

On SSD drives the amount of free space matters. If you have much less than around 50% free space, then your write speed will be MUCH slower. In extreme cases it can go down 10x or more. On a cheap 256GB SSD WC3:R takes 10% of space right of the bat.

5 Likes

bruh did I just see someone make mental gymnastics on how Reforged assets aren’t bloatware but WE is bloatware?

yes I fully agree, and not everyone is a rich first worlder

1 Like

tbh what scared me in the beginning was the blind testing of maps, but, if you think about it, that’s just how they did reforged^^