I think its about time we get feedback, we need to know is they are still working on the game

Its been months since the last update and we haven’t heard anything from blizzard since then. I,like everyone who likes and loves Warcraft 3 would like to know when and if they are bringing the updates they announce last year. Remember that you (blizz) promised updates that we haven’t gotten like ranked play and player profiles.

No blizzcon, no news, the games social media without any updates, it seems as if they abandoned the game. Please we need feedback!!

Moderator: Using “Blizzard” in the title of your thread is a violation of forum rules. Edited title.

11 Likes

and if they abandoned this game? Does it rly matter? How could any patch fix the damage that has been done by a complete fail release? This community is constantly bashing blizzard although the game is fine. To be honest, we should be happy that Blizzard isn’t telling everybody that they stop 100% to work on this game! Because as a businessman i can tell you that there is no profit to make with this game anymore, all it does is damage to the reputation of blizzard.

Blizzard is doing fine.

guy alone in an empty restaurant marked for liquidation
“When will my pizza arrive ???”

7 Likes

I think they are keeping quite because they know if they announce they are no longer developing it, the backlash will go beyond what it has, they still have to worry about the people who have gathered all those details from features promised back in 2018, what the Warcraft 3 Reforge Site looked like. I even would wager that the maps that thequartering showed about “gas chamber survival, Catholic Priests,” (just to name a few) is concerning cause as there EULA states those are now “blizzards property”. They could end up with Class action law suits of False Advertising, who knows what else. I am just waiting for the “Breaking NEWS: Blizzard Entertainment is being sued for False Advertising, and some Racially and Socially inappropriate maps in there game” not that it would happen but you never know.

So blizzard keeping quite hoping the rest of us just refund the game it probably what they are doing.

I am not refunding it as I still use the other game items that I got from Spoils of War. But I have Uninstalled it and Flagged the game as Harmful and a Virus on my Computer so only the admin can install it and that’s never going to happen haha

3 Likes

Are you trying to stop kids/housemates from installing it?

I think you are wrong when saying that Blizz cannot make any profits out of this game, yes it was a terrible launch but its Warcraft 3 we are talking about, its not any game, if they fulfill their promises and bring the updates like ranked play and player profiles many and many players will come back, but they wont if they just abandon the game.

If Blizz wants to show us that they are truly a serious company they wont just leave the game, they have to fix the game as simple as that…

Hmm. You say they have to… But what happens if they do not?

1 Like

they didnt care about it on blizzcon why they should say something now?

1 Like

The game is mega dead. The only thing we can hope for is that another company will make a similar thing we like.

3 Likes

Yet they’re still trying to sell this game for 40 dollars. Honestly, I could see where you’re coming from like the damage is done, and sales might not be as big as they were gonna be. However, the fact they won’t even fix the game probably means sales will never happen. So I don’t see the point in continuing to charge 40 bucks.

We have heard some peeps since then.

In a Bloomberg article about the Vicarous Visions merger into blizzard, (and the disbanding of the original team working on classic games) they did comment that some team at blizzard will still be supporting the game.

After blizzcon, J. Allen Breck in an interview mentioned they were not happy with it’s current state and would be adding to it. Can’t remember what he said, but basically something about ladder play.

But I agree, blizzard, give us some real news.

1 Like

I recently made a ticket asking some questions regarding warcraft 3, my questions were mainly if blizzard is going to keep supporting the game and if we are going to recieve updates anytime soon.

This is what they told me " *In the future we cannot disclose any projects or updates regarding the product I am afraid, and we will try to keep on supporting the games as there are still some players enjoying the game and will require some assistance from us. Hopefully we can make it as a game that is enjoyable for everyone such as yourself."

Lol I love the “some players”, like we are 2 and a half on this game.

1 Like

Begging Blizzard for feedback is a poor decision.

4 Likes

so does the buyer only buy old reign of chaos or the frozen throne for something like ladders, profiles and clans? No. They didn’t even include this in their marketing back in the days. - the problem with gamers is that they don’t understand the unique selling points of a product. A ladder and profiles doesn’t create more sales - it is basic economic business knowledge.

If you’re able to find that, I love to see/read it.

Not sure if this was the article he meant but here you go

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-22/blizzard-absorbs-activision-studio-after-dismantling-classic-games-team

Oops. I should have quoted LordDarling when replying.

I mean the post Blizzcon interview with Brack.

I’ll go back and edit that in.

Updates are coming apparently, lets hope its true . This was published today by this website
ttps://www.pcgamesn.com/warcraft-3-reforged/patch-updates

Tbh Blizzard cannot compete with Champions. Blizzard has 3 servers, W3C has like 20. W3C has zoom function, something beyond the imagination of Blizzard. W3C has an active community with designers who read feedback. A concept from hell to Blizzard.

Frankly, whatever Blizzard puts out will be worse than W3C and that includes if they step up their game from their current track record. Which frankly, is not really a difficult goal, yet in more than 1 year it seems they have failed every single thing they did even though the community no longer raised expectations (as requested by Blizzard when the community noted that this game is missing, well, everything you can expect from a game).