I have to enter the warcraft 3 reig of chaos key to play after the update

Hi, I’ve pre-ordered reforged and have played WC3 the past months. Only after updating today I have to give the CD Key and I can no longer choose to login via Battlenet to verify my pre order. Anyone has a fix for this? Have been trying for hours now.

What did you download?
try using this downloads Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment

What have you tried so far?

I’ve downloaded this launcher : 1.30.2 Patch Notes
to re-install the game. Updated it and everything via the launcher. When finished I press Launch and then It requires a key to launch.

Are you by chance using a Mac?

Per patch notes, Mac requires legacy keys to launch, and is a known issue.

Yes I am on mac :frowning: is this solveable?

Based on the patch notes, I don’t believe there is a real way of fixing this issue at this time.

Importing some random keys would likely just lead the game to believe you’re using banned keys and not allow you to play.

So mac users who only own reforged may not be able to play until it is resolved, and that may not be until the release of the reforged beta. However, they have usually released hotfix patches in the past for issues introduced by major patch releases. So you’ll likely have to wait and see.

Wow, that’s kind of weird. That’s like stealing back a game from me that I’ve already bought and paid for (twice actually). Hope they will fix this soon.

To be fair. Apple killed 32bit support and you will not be able to play any 32bit games anymore. That Blizzard-Classic have trouble implementing 64bit support to an engine from ancient times is not that easy as some ppl. think. Just wait till reforged is out - I am sure they will fix it till release. Maybe they push a hotfix but don’t count on that

Thanks for the explanation. I don’t know much about this, but I don’t see why you would update if you would break the game for some people. This seems like a silly issue to me.

1 Like