I didn't buy Reforged. Why is it forced on me, and where is my classic client?

I purchased WC3 some years ago, along with the TFT expansion. Been a while since I’ve played the game, and went to install it from the Blizzard site like I’ve done many times before.

Today, it downloaded WC3 Reforged, painting it with classic graphics. I’ve read over a lot of reviews on Reforged, and I don’t have the money to purchase the Reforged content.

Blizzard, what in the hell are you thinking!? You don’t take away something that people paid for, and replace it with something different, without consent! I won’t play this reforged version, because I didn’t buy it, and I don’t want it.

Now that I have to jump through a bunch of technical hoops just to install, and play the game I paid for more than a decade ago, AND what you’ve released is not at all what was advertised in 2018, you’ve lost all sense of loyalty, and respect I ever had for you.

This was an absolutely stupid move on the part of Blizzard.

1. You lied to EVERYONE by releasing something other than what was claimed in 2018.
  2. You’re lying now, by saying that Reforged is a better experience, when I am seeing reviews from many sources (including YouTube) that outright show the truth.
  3. You’ve effectively revoked everyone’s access to the classic WC3 game they paid for in 2004, by replacing it with this mess, and forcing people to jump through technical hoops just to get what they originally paid for.

If this is the future of Blizzard, then what reason do I have to continue supporting Blizzard? Give me back the full classic WC3 that I originally paid for, and stop forcing this mess on me!!

33 Likes

2nd’d

Imagine a game from 2004 taking up 30gb of space. Ludicrous.

Just update the original owners to the old sub-2gb clients that are absolutely still there and keep us out of whatever mess this is.

13 Likes

I have my CDs :), btw if u want good old WC3 u just need some utor…nt help, i can have 1.26a 1.27 or even a 1.14 if search some more :), and u even can install a HD mod and get ur “better then” Refunded textures. feal free.

1 Like

I have my CDs :), btw if u want good old WC3 u just need some utor…nt help, i can have 1.26a 1.27 or even a 1.14 if search some more :), and u even can install a HD mod and get ur “better then” Refunded textures. feal free.

This advice goes right along with what I said about having to jump through hoops to get what I originally paid for. I shouldn’t have to go scouring the internet, just to get the original game, and the patches that were readily available directly from Blizzard, before WC3R was released.

I have my CDs too, but they are packed away, and there again, I have to do a lot of work just to get those to play in Windows 10, including scouring the internet for proper patches, and telling my firewall that WC3 isn’t allowed to access the internet.

This should not be needed for something that was 100% available only a few days ago. I won’t be complacent. Blizzard is totally in the wrong for this.

Also, I never bought Reforged, so I’m not asking for a refund. I just want what I originally paid for, and have been playing for years.

9 Likes

Im in the same boat, about 3 months ago i started playing again casually, i have had the game for 15+ years and every year or so, i play the game and start the campaign over again. So i was about half way through the campaign and today i went to play and notice the new intro. ALL OF MY SAVES AND CAMPAIGN progress is all gone!!! WTF Blizz. I never bought this crap reforged version and i dont f’ing want it… just like you, i want to play the original game without having to hack my damn computer to do it.

5 Likes

I started playing War3 again about a year ago, after an old school friend (who I used to have LAN parties with, back in the day!) contacted me and suggested playing it again. I had never finished the single player campaign and was slowly working my way through it, getting part-way through TFT campaign.

Now all my progress is lost too. Very sad.

Luckily, I suspected that Reforged would have major issues when it came out, so I bought a second copy of the original RoC and TFT CDs (I still have my originals too). With this trash-heap, I’ll still find a way to play the original game. Who knows? Maybe those original discs will be worth a lot of money if Blizzard doesn’t sort this mess out!

1 Like

And my original discs went belly up 5 years ago.

I suppose I should have wrapped them in a vacuum bag instead of just letting them lie around…

I found a temporary work around for that. You can play custom maps and custom campaigns and restore the old version with the ptr method.

Now it works well for custom maps and campaigns but you still need more players for online games.
remove the s and use the link. Sorry blizzard doesn’t like me including links.

shttps://www.noobs2pro.com/how-to-download-and-install-classic-warcraft-3-without-reforged/

Ironically, the best option to get the game…from other sources outside of Blizzard and not patch the game. There has to some law about patching over an existing product people bought and drastically changing it. Depends on your countries law, you should be entitled to a refund of Warcraft 3, no matter how long ago you bought it. They have changed the product you bought. Bet a lawyer could argue they should even adjust for inflation through the years.

Seems pretty petty to refund a 15 year old game, but maybe they shouldn’t have broke the product.

4 Likes

Show the truth, as in what? I don’t dispute people’s complaints about some things being changed or Blizzard’s efforts to try and merge the old client with the new one, but overall, for the value of the game ($30), it’s decent; the graphics look really nice and I like how they used most of the original audio and sound effects.

I replayed the original campaigns a couple years back, and I had just as much fun playing Reforged, honestly. If I wanted to play Classic WC3, the option is there (I tried, everything seems to be intact).

How in the world did they balloon a ~2GB game to 30 without adding any cinematic scenes?

5 Likes

textures only, reforged scenes (that we dont get, or they just dont want to do it) its just code, text information and dont heavy weight.

i can help there, find a post called for those who want to play classic warcraft 3 and you can find a pastebin link to download the full old client classic warcraft 3 already patched to 1.27b, no need to install as its already the fully installed game with all the needed files to run it, i did this myself and cant be any happier for it!!

Blizzard be like, knock knock, we’re having a mental breakdown, its called Reforged. but wait, i have good news, you’re joining in on our fun mental breakdown. as we force all Classic Wc3 owners to come into the mentally unstable room to your right. the Reforged.

same question here

Here it is Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches

They stole it from you and forced the “upgrade”.

If Blizzard had brains (we all know they don’t have a single one if they all put their heads together) they would allow us to play our games that we purchased.

4 Likes

Yeah the reason why they now with D2 they still sell the original D2 so that people that prefer the small original D2 can still buy and download it.

They’d also remove their damn Battle.net DRM.

3 Likes

I’m sorry they really need to make classic f2p it’s from 2003 and it would help market reforge i don’t see why not.

1 Like