How's this game? Still neglected with very little updates?

Thought so

nope, its no longer neglected with very little updates…bc there are no updates at all now…

17 Likes

Yep, all updates dead. Thank you, BlizzActivision, for having killed a game that lasted more than a decade.

5 Likes

Activision-Blizzard straight up dismantled the Classic Games team at the end of last year. If the game gets so much as glanced at by the company, it’ll be a small miracle.

3 Likes

Still can’t play the original/good game. Except for my pirated copy ofc

2 Likes

It sits on a solid 0.6 user score on metacritic. Probably the most devoted blizzard cultists are playing this game only which is the op and something like 10 more people. They probably dismissed the mid-east team that threw this garbage together anyways so that’s why you shouldn’t be expecting major updates. I know it’s vastly different, but go play with c&c remastered, it’s much better.

1 Like

Heck no, I ain’t playing this garbage.

i had so much trouble with the reforged version that i reinstalled the old disc version. people used the editor to hack and reboot my pc.

how? is there any known weakness?

1 Like

I second this question! I had heard one of the few reasons to use Reforged was that the Reforged editor was more secure and did not have known exploits to put viruses into maps. The CD version does have known exploits to put viruses in maps (it is based on using the equivalent of what C programming calls a “union” to build a function callrd i2c, which allows arbitrary administrator level code execution on your PC from within the legacy Warcraft III map). But Reforged blocked this exploit so that as far as I knew Reforged maps could not have viruses in the same way as CD version maps.

So, if you have contrary information, please publish it! Maybe on some security websites as well as on this forum and on WC3 modding forums.

1 Like

indeed… let’s see this cwe…

based on what i have been able to find out, hackers use a security vulnerability in the editor to exploit a security vulnerability in the coffee lake processor arcitecture. the same thing happens when the battle.net app is running but, not when the disc version of the editor is running.

how can I find it?

i do not remember but, i used a program from intel that analysed my cpu`s security. if you want to look for weaknesses in your own cpu, just contact intel, that is what i did.