How to play original Warcraft 3 (No Battle.Net)

You’re welcome.

8 Likes

It’s like we’re back in 1996 and explaining to people how to install applications on their computer.

5 Likes

Reminds me of danoct1 and his videos showcasing old DOS viruses. Ahh, those were the days

In another post, someone put forth the option to install and play through the Warcraft 3 PTR. Though, I imagine this will be the most fool-proof option in that the PTR is still tied to Battlenet.

Yep, this is the issue. Any version of War 3 that is linked to battle.net will automatically get shafted. Hence it is necessary to go with such an early patch.

very nice simple video :+1:

theres also a written guide with a slightly different approach for those who may want more details here: For those who want to play Classic Warcraft 3

1 Like

To avoid any communication with Battlenet. I disconnected from the internet during installation of RoC and FT. I then created a Windows firewall rule to prevent the game from communicating outside my home network

2 Likes

Good idea.

I installed the game the way that guy said , but i have another question , how do i unlock the fps ? if there’s a way . can you share it ?

Hmmm. I DON’T think you can unlock that, but I am not 100% sure. I did not create this video, just sharing it.

-Go to Downloads on [battle.net ](http://battle.net). https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/download/
-Download Warcraft® III: Public Test Realm
-After download it, Install it, then Click on Warcraft® III Public Test Icon on your destop. Launch it!
Now you are back to Classic TFT :smiley: :slight_smile:
Now you can make a new account. I think blizzard combined all 4 world servers into 1now. everyone is in here now. add your old friends back and we play.

When you connect to Battle Net, it doesn’t automatically try to download the Reforged client?

It does, so 1) uninstall the Battle net client and ALSO 2) when launching the classic WC3 client be sure to go directly to the exe.

My 1.31 still works but I have to do the above. It nags me to upgrade in the game but it can be canceled, just can never multiplayer again.

The public test version of the client does have the classic battlenet that still works.

2 Likes

For now …