How characters Should Look like

Also, BfA showcasing Malfurion transforming into a bear is nothing new. This has been canon lore since forever.

Malfurion is the first of the druids, the first Archdruid. The wisest and most powerful of all, he can take any of the druidic shapes, including that of a wolf.

Lore inaccuracy or not, the warsong banner is iconic enough that it was remade for Diablo 3 as a banner any character can wear on their back as a part of WoD collectors edition. Warsong Clan banner. Not Burning Blade, not Blackrock, not Frostwolf.

Aside from this, Groms appearance in WC3 has never been described so it is also not inconsistent. On my opinion on the matter, it can go either way BECAUSE lore has not specified it. It has not specified Malfurions staff either, thus no reason to omit it. All depictions of barehanded Malf are not during WC3.

At this point, you are saying anything specific to Warcraft 3 that is not supported by WoW or novels should be removed, and frankly that is an opinion that I find insulting to Warcraft 3 itself. I dont know what exactly you think Reforged is.

You give off the impression that you think Warcraft 3 is a collection of flaws that need to be corrected, and this rings more true by your excuses of using the druidbof the talon or archmage reskin to justify your position.

Again, the model being depicted with a staff nit once but TWICE should be more than enough to tell you he has a staff and used it during WC3. Anything he does before or after is irrelevant because he isnt bound to any one weapon at a time.

Would you say bearform is inconsistent because he never usedbit before?

1 Like

during battle for mount hyjal raid in wow,he had a staff.
in wolfheart novel,he carries his staff.

1 Like

I already gave a link to download WoW malfurion ready to use in wc3 so like I said please stop this nonsense

you are the only one ommiting lore just because u dont like the staff,so old wow was wrong same for the novel that actually speaks of the staff

1 Like

It’s not the banner that is wrong, it’s the fact that he carries it on his back that is wrong.

That is a tradition of the Burning Blade clan Blademasters, he is not of the Burning Blade, he is a Warsong and he is not a Blademaster.

If specific character descriptions are in contradiction with what their in-game model shows in Warcraft 3, then yes, I’d like them to be changed, not removed.

Thrall’s wolf should be white.

Grommash should not carry the banner on his back.

Malfurion should not have a staff.

What they say it is. It is not a remastered, they are not just updating the graphics, they are using this opportunity to revisit the story of the game or better put how things looked back then.

Look at Stratholme.

What impression you may get is not relevant to what my actual feelings of the games are and the fact that you’re putting yourself on a pedestal as some sort of an authority on Warcraft 3 is what I find most insulting by itself.

Which is not consistent with any other depiction of Malfurion even straight after WC 3 TFT. If other characters possess a weapon of choice it is immediately made clear, they do this with Jaina, they do it with Tyrande, they do it with Rhonin and now they’ve been doing it with Malfurion’s metal claws on his most recent appearance in the novellas and in-game.

Before that, he used his bare hands, not a staff.

Are you honestly taking an in-game toy as canon? Wew, lad.

Malfurion does not appear in the Mount Hyjal raid.

If you are able to provide a source then I’ll stand corrected.

So you want to delete the hero named ‘Blademaster of the Blackrock Clan’ that has a Blackrock banner and has a ‘chaos orc’ skin ?

The hero you are talking about it’s Jubei’Thos, he is not of the Blackrock Clan, the fact he carries the flag in Warcraft 3 is another big mistake, well spotted. He is a Blademaster of the Burning Blade, like all the other orcish Blademasters.

xhttps://wow.gamepedia.com/Blademaster_Jubei%27thos

Not any other depiction?

He has a staff in various artworks

He has a staff in Heroes of the Storm, lending to how iconic it is.

He has a staff in Wolfheart, a canon novel

How much more do you need?

ITS AMAZING how u claim that the base of WOW the origin of MOST wow characters…is wrong…

WRONG PAGE THIS ONE IS ALTERNATE UNIVERSE ONE YOU HAVE SHOWED:
xhttps://wow.gamepedia.com/Jubei%27Thos
So again proven you take Wc3 as non cannon, case solved.

It truly amazes how you can go back to reiterate the same point over and over again, despite me answering it multiple times. So I’ll repeat that his HotS model is based on his WC 3 model.

A source is all I ask.

Oh dear lord.

Blademasters all come from the Burning Blade clan, the Blackrock does not have any Blademasters.

Part of the rite to become a Blademaster is to obtain the warbanner to carry on your back, the Burning Blade is the only clan with this tradition.

It’s an inconsistency within the game’s own lore that Jubei’Thos is Blackrock, in fact in WoD they made him leader of the Burning Blade, because that’s the clan where all the Blademasters are from.

Xhttps://books.google.ca/books?id=6eb6yqX3l48C&pg=PA140&lpg=PA140&dq=wolfheart+malfurion+staff&source=bl&ots=nrm7XPszsG&sig=qloG9rIqrsj64g7TUKWlgOXY3IY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4sY_jss_eAhXnllQKHYCkBNcQ6AEwC3oECAEQAQ#v=onepage&q=wolfheart%20malfurion%20staff&f=false

Page 188. Malfurion raised his staff between the pair.

Also, Thrall had a white wolf in TBC and Wrath, a brown one in MoP. This shows he is not tied to any one wolf, meaning the black one is neither inconsistent or non canon.

I do not understand why you are so hard pressed to change things you clearly are unable to prove as definitive lore.

The flora gave way to him, creating a passage just wide enough. Malfurion held his staff ready, although in truth he feared little. -wolfheart

The archdruid raised his staff. A soft wind swept through the area. The treetops gently swayed. -wolfheart

Malfurion raised his staff between the pair. “I am certain that Var’dyn is not making any unwarranted accusations, Jarod.

I stand corrected.

This makes his representation even more inconsistent in the Warcraft franchise.

Thrall has only one wolf and he is very much canon: xhttps://wow.gamepedia.com/Snowsong

when i was a kid my bicycle had 4 wheels,this is true and not inconsistent with my character or my actual two wheeled bicycle.

you are looking at these characters like plan static uni-dimensional characters…thats sad

Landfall in WoW he rides a brown wolf. Explain that lore to me.

And I dont unserstand how you can still render it inconsistent when you are now shown multiple sources using a staff instead of just one…

You really seem to want to headcanon yourself one definitive vision of what Malfurion is rarher than seeing that he is more than a barehanded caster… Why cant you just accept that he xan do both? That Thrall can ride more than one wolf? I simply dont understand your stance on lore and why you are being so rigid.

But hey, we solved the issue. You will just have to live with inconsistency and fight whatever irks you about it

1 Like

It’s inconsistent. We all know Warcraft in general is full of these oversights.

Lorewise, there is no debate to be had on Thrall’s wolf, it is a white Frost Wolf.

There is a theory that suggests that he changed color of the fur, but we don’t know for sure. Look at the link I provided you for Thrall’s mount.

canon for this boy is what he wants it to be

But there is no lore stating he only has one wolf or that he is unwilling to ride other wolves. Again, canon is what is shown to us. You dont get to pick and choose. If I had it my way he wouldnt have a wolf in War3 at all, but we dont get to dictate the lore or gameplay, we simply accept it. Sometimes sticking to inconsistent visuals IS lore. And Blizzard is not infallible. Just look at the missing back toe on the Trolls feet.