How characters Should Look like

Examples: Arthas I made ( I still love WoW one shown in Bfa cinematic alot more) xhttps://imgur.com/a/ZRImdp9 , Jaina cape I made ( I could not make it good that’s why I want to see it done by Blizz. xhttps://imgur.com/a/9ceLi9P

Edit:
Also Dreadlord I made(not Mal’ganis) in game notice tail and dress;
xhttps://imgur.com/a/pmyQQUH

How come Uther’s changes are fine and allowed to slip under the radar, Mal’Ganis you aren’t worried about (who also doesn’t wear a robe or skirt of any kind in Warcraft 3 so no idea where you got that from), but Arthas just won’t do and Jaina’s changes are an unspeakable crime?

And so does everyone else, but everyone else has their own ideas or visions or interpretations of what the ‘ideal’ is. Which is why they’re going for the overall current era Warcraft look taking bits from all their stuff. Whether it’s the old RTS games, World of Warcraft over the years, or even the new “bible” for Warcraft lore - World of Warcraft: Chronicle that not only has the definitive lore but also some art pieces depicting some of these characters that are, have been, or used to be big players in the story. Arthas alone, pre-death knight and Lich King, has had over half a dozen different visual depictions.

The Reforged team is going to cherry pick or iterate in order to best try and fully realize characters.

1 Like

I said Arthas in BFA looked perfect, not that anime girl that they showed in reforged, Uther has no big changes that’s why I’m not angry about it, Mal’ganis I’ve shown it already he needs a dress and a tail atleast.
They don’t need to cherry pick they have all the old concepts in WC3 and they have to remake them in High defination that is all and it is great that they don’t have to make any new concepts.

About Mal’ganis’ dress: xhttps://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/thumb/1/14/Malganis2.jpg/230px-Malganis2.jpg?version=38d69934003de2598d37a10698992d57

Dreadlord quotes:
“This is not a dress. It’s the standard Dreadlord uniform.”
“Dress to kill. Blah!”

bonus points for the exaggeration

Reforged Uther looks closer in design to his Heroes of the Storm incarnation and Hearthstone art than he does to Warcraft 3 Uther.
xhttps://i.imgur.com/6HBnZMX.jpg

They don’t have to, sure. But they want to. And they aren’t exactly starting from scratch either because they’re taking inspiration from multiple sources across the Warcraft franchise.

Homie. He’s wearing pants with no skirt in sight. No idea what you’re talking about.

Dress thing is he is not wearing heavy armor he wears pants and well clothes and he has a tail, and if they go heavy with changing concepts it will destroy Warcraft III that’s what I’m saying (I even liked the face of Mal’ganis and yes I won’t cry if they don’t touch him but is it Wc3 Mal’ganis? No…)

It won’t destroy Warcraft 3 because Warcraft 3 still exists. It’ll still be there. And still be playable. It sounds more like you don’t like Warcraft Reforged. You should probably not purchase and play Warcraft Reforged then.

1 Like

I love Warcraft Reforged otherwise I’lld not be making a mod that tried to do the same thing, As long as they do it right and don’t change old concepts of models it will be the best thing ever.( I don’t want 3 poly models Wc3 had they are great concepts, they were great back in the day but now they need loyal HD versions.)

This is subjective and everyone on the dev team, everyone looking at it, and everyone eventually playing it will have different ideas on what is ‘right’. Art is subjective. Nothing is real. We’re all dust floating through space and time.

And they are going to be loyal HD versions. They’re just going to be loyal to the Warcraft franchise as a whole, not just one element.

1 Like

Then it will be bad, I’ll buy it and ‘re-reforge’ it again myself.

An opinion does not a fact make.

“I don’t like this so I’m going to pay for it” is the wildest, weirdest mad scientist take I’ve ever seen.

They’ll make alot of great models and some bad changed designs, I don’t want to leave all updates behind.

They should look how they do in hots

I think arthas should be looked at as well

1 Like

Also here is one ‘Making Grommash without warbanner was hard cause they had to use Blademaster animations at the time’ here 2 second edit without a warbanner, they could do it too if they wanted him without a warbanner. xhttps://www65.zippyshare.com/v/hsy4wxGl/file.html

Okay, it’s still wrong, it’s still a lore inconsistency for the reasons I explained.

I know he will, if they gave him his staff in HotS they will most likely do so in Reforged as well. Nevertheless, I’m free to give my own feedback on the matter.

I just proved you they are.

Again, it’s not just a graphical update, it’s an attempt to bridge the gaps between the two games and bringing the whole franchise under a single umbrella, a chance to rectify inconsistencies etcetera.

That is the reason why they did not call it remastered, but reforged.

So is Malfurion not having a staff or a goat. Or Grommash being a Warsong and thus not a Blademaster and thus not having a warbanner strapped onto his back.

Have you been ignoring everything I’ve said since the start of the thread?

Then the lore doesn’t need to recognize anything, it exists to give players an understanding to what is happening, if it doesn’t and things are just thrown out there like they were in WC 3 then it’s a big, confusional mess.

That’s why they are revisiting it.

Literally in only one cinematic, that’s the only time he has been shown as a bear since the start of WoW, every other time he has been shown casting spells, bare-handed.

Again, no sign of a staff or a goat to ride around.

You haven’t been following Warcraft’s lore very passionately, have you?

No, this is absolutely not the case.

They expanded the story where there was none, but you’ve shown that you don’t even know that with the points you’ve made earlier about Thrall’s wolf, Ner’zhul’s armor and Grommash’s warbanner.

Where in WC 3 is any of that explained, or explored, even in the slightest?

There was no lore in WC3 to retcon to begin with. There was no culture given to the Burning Blade clan, or the Warsong clan, or the Frostwolf clan. There was no history given to the character’s weapons and companions.

As a Warcraft lore fan (or nerd if you prefer) I welcomed all of this added history with open arms and wish it made its way to Reforged as well.

Looking back at this I think it’s become a case of who would win in a fight:

Warcraft 3 hardcore purists or a Warcraft lore nerd?

I think I’ve been holding my ground pretty well so far :smirk:

Lol you think you do but you don’t…They could easily remove Warbanner 16 years ago like they could do the same with Malfurion and as a lore nerd myself Wc3 Lore is Wc3 lore and is alot alot alot alot better than retconned stuff we have, while still insulting Triceron still about not knowing the lore, first you should learn who he is ( I won’t be egoistic and say do you know who I am but Triceron deserves respect) , first learn to respect an old game and it’s old designs and lore ( it can be pointles to you, it can look bad to you) then know that team are going to reforge it to look good in 2018 not trying to remake history, then again if you wish that Malfurion from wow so bad you can have him here without staff and it has it’s Legion look (directly from ripped from WoW) : xhttps://www.mediafire.com/file/icyfamjk518lo0v/Malfurion_Stormrage.rar/file

so please leave Warcraft III and it’s ‘sucker designs’ alone to it’s loyal fans.

dont even bother to put sense into his head, he is indeed too far gone, he thins while he likes the game other people shouldnt complain, what he wants is world of warcraft 3…he cant see other people don’t like how wow has hadled lore for years now.

I can make a book with all bad writing and inconsistencies between wow and its novels.

btw I still play wow on my free time,that doesnt mean I want the same rehashed stuff in all games.

1 Like

I love the concept art for Maiev, even though I don’t like her as a charcater or a hero in WC3. I completely forgot about the green lips, but you’re right. They are smexy.
As far as Jaina goes, I’m fine with what she looks like in the Culling of Stratholme trailer.
I should state that I grew up with WC3 and it holds a special place in my heart but I never tried out WoW. I don’t know all the ways in which this biases me but I’m sure there are some.