How characters Should Look like

It is just how it is established in wc3 lore

1 Like

He casts spells with his hands, he always has in every other media for the exception of Warcraft 3 and all the games that took the inspiration from it.

In every story, be it a novel, a short story or a comic, Malfurion does not own a staff or a goat.

And this is kept true in his WoW/Hearthstone representations.

He doesn’t get this is supposed to be warcraft 3 lore, not wow lore… And that’s what some of us want, warcraft 3 lore…

1 Like

In Hots and Wc3 he does and he can ride a stag in hots too so it is 50/50 , and we are talking about Warcraft III REMASTER not Wowcraft or Warcraft 4

Warcraft lore is Warcraft lore is Warcraft lore if the name ‘Warcraft’ is anywhere on an official product or piece of work.

1 Like

Now you’re just spreading false information.

How?

This, so much this.

Remaster means making the old game fit with HD models and with same lore\mechanics , not making it fit with new events nor making a new game

He uses a staff, period. If they change this because of WoW lore or the absense of the staff in the novels then they are ignoring Warcraft 3 altogether rathering then bridging WoW.

Just wanna say when it comes to iconic visuals such as Malfurion with a staff and without wings, WoW lore be damned. This is Warcraft 3 Reforged, not World of Warcraft Reforged.

Jaina here is fine. She isnt exactly her WC3 model, but she retains enough recognizable parts from the hood to the staff to the runes on her cape. If they decided to make her hoodless or runes in her cape because the hood was not mentioned in the Arthas novel then its an arbitrary retcon because we have all SEEN this in Warcraft 3. It doesnt matter what was reuse, this is how the characters were represented.

I can see Akama getting a new design or Grom getting a model that isnt just a blademaster reskin, but malfurions War3 look is iconic enough to be replicated for Heroes of the Storm with a staff and thats howvit should be. The wings are the only questionable addition, one that doesnt really break lore but also something better left out because I feel his wings represent change and growth through the years.

1 Like

This is not a remaster, it’s a ‘reforged’. Haven’t you seen how much the architecture and the outlook of Stratholme has changed?

They’re not just updating graphics.

1 Like

Perhaps u didn’t play warcraft 3,its OK, some of us did and some of us think the story was better and should remain untouched

1 Like

It uses the same ‘look’ except for a new terenas statue doodad.

Oh are we getting into proper facetious and belligerent territory now? Where were you in 2003 when they changed the design of Dalaran from the big cross/ankh shape it was in Warcraft 2? 8 years prior? Are you sure you’re a real Warcraft fan?

1 Like

No, they would just be fixing an inconsistency in Warcraft 3. Which ironically, it’s the one ignoring the fact that Malfurion doesn’t own a staff or a goat.

Get WoW out of your dictonary.

The first three novels written which included Malfurion weren’t even based around WoW, they were about the Warcraft universe. Again, he didn’t have a staff there, nor a goat.

Does Malfurion not having a staff really change the story that much? Are you being completely honest when you say that? Do you genuinely think that it would have such a great impact on the game that you will no longer be able to recognize it?

Please…

Again, you’re being presumptuous. Warcraft 3 is the first game I have ever played, I’ve spent more time on it than any game in my childhood.

You are the embodiment of fallacious argumentation if you start using ad hominem to discredit other people’s arguments.

Spreading false information again.

1 Like

You can be sure I know more info than you need as a modder of ‘Armies of Azeroth’ myself.

my dad works for nintendo and he told me diablo is coming to smash bros

1 Like

I am a modder thus everything I say is true and my opinion > your opinion.

When the developers of the map itself say that they’ve remade the map (As if that wasn’t obvious enough from how the entire city is structured, plus the starting point for Arthas’s base and the general outlook of the map) to fit the new version of Stratholme you are still spreading false information.

Xhttps://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-rebirth

Xhttp://warcraftunderground.freeforums.net/user/3

Xhttps://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/yourarthas.236814/

As long as I’m not trying to be ‘someone else’ by using same name everywhere and also being listed as a member under my nickname yeah , sure…

Have u play heroes of the storm?.. Other than actual wow… Every other game of warcraft have furion with a staff… Excepting perhaps hearthstones from where u got one of your pics

1 Like

Again the fact that you’re a modder doesn’t change the fact you’re spreading false information, which would be:

No it does not, they are two completely different maps. In Reforged, Stratholme has been remade to fit the WoW version. You can see that they are completely different even by just looking at the mini-map.

Let’s play a game of spot the diffrence:

Old version: xhttps://imgur.com/a/KvOHRR7

New version: xhttps://imgur.com/a/8pwByUO

(As always, remove the x to see the links)

We can close the off-topic discussion about the map here, it’s been remade, not just updated graphically, end of story.

I guess you’re out of arguments to retort with.

You are already ignoring warcraft 3 love completely like it’s unexistant… Theres no more argument for you…

1 Like