How about my warcraft 3 purchase?

I paid $10 on Warcraft 3. Now I can’t play, and I have to buy the new one???

???

2 Likes

It’s embedded in the Warcraft 3 Reforged client now, that’s the only way you can play. They’ve done away with the classic client, which is a massive mistake and they better bring it back.

2 Likes

wait is this true??? I bought a game that now I’m no longer allowed to play just because? that’s so wrong this is why I’ve always disliked companies that require online connection for games or require patches to complete the game (like Spyro reignited trilogy was incomplete when it launched without the patches )

Give me a complete game and let me play it 10,20 , 30+ years from now (offline when servers are shut down) and don’t force me to add or change it to some stupid remaster because you want me too

3 Likes

You can play it, just not the classic client. It’s super lame and I hope they revert it back to the way it was because this is nonsense.

1 Like

Ahh okay that is a bit better still though, this whole thing is a mess.

They will never officially re-release a classic client. Doing so would revert every change they made in reforged, thus would be Blizzard admitting that reforged is a downgraded abomination. There would be no reason to buy or play reforged. Additionally, even if they did release the classic client, the new terms of service that gimp custom games would still apply.

The only way to revert is to do it yourself. You won’t be able to play BNET, but you will be able to use services like gameranger or other communities to play online as well as LAN services like hamachi if you want to play with your friends. If you want help doing this, check out this thread. For those who want to play Classic Warcraft 3

1 Like

You can? Because it doesn’t let me log in. Just says “there was an error handling the request” every time I try. And it won’t allow me to play offline.

How would I go about getting a refund, cause I own Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne, on physical copy. Quite frankly, this is BS, and horrible marketing, the same happened with Overwatch, thankfully i didn’t waste money on that game, but i still feel for the players of the 1st one. So you are saying that, even though, I have a physical copy, it is unplayable, cause Blizzard is a **** company? I’m surprised people haven’t sued over this yet.

If you own the physical disk copy of Warcraft 3, you have 3 options:

1. Install the game from your disk, which will still be playable on Windows 11 as an offline experience but will not receive updates and no longer has an official multiplayer server (so it only works on LAN)
  2. Redeem a free copy of the Reforged client by using your CD key that came with the physical copy to download the Reforged client on Battle.net. Note that this option will download 26 GB of new “Reforged” graphics but will not allow you to toggle to “Reforged” graphics mode ingame because you didnt buy it, so it will always play Classic Graphics mode on the Reforged client and that means you cannot play the new Reforged campaign
  3. Download a copy of Warcraft III from the official Blizzard ftp site that still exists but is no longer advertized, as a means to play a newer patch of Frozen Throne or Reign of Chaos than what is on your CD

Note that if you choose option 2, it may infect your registry and make the World Editor feature no longer available if you later change your mind and pick option 1 or 3. There is information online regarding how to fully remove the Reforged registry data, so if you are a technically capable user this is not really a problem.

You should probably check the dates on posts before replying to them.

To be fair, they changed the menu in the top right recently and it started hilighting a lot of old posts suddenly for me. But yeah, this is a massive necrobump.

9 days doesnt seem that bad to me

Yes, but the person you’re quoting is replying to a 4 year old thread.