High ping on WC3

I’ve always had high ping when playing WC3, simply where I’m from. Before Reforged was a thing, I’d be playing on 150–215ping USWest, which wasn’t great, but I got use to the delay. However, when Reforged came, that all changed and I’m stuck on 250ping or higher and the delay is horrible. Is there something wrong with Reforged causing this? I doubt it;s on my side, since everything is fine.

Server quality suffered significantly.

If you are looking to play ladder, use the W3Champions add-on.

Your ping is also going to depend on the location of the other players in the game. If you see asian players in your game, you may well end up connecting to them instead of them connecting to you, meaning you’re the one with the high ping.

W3C is an option but the general skill level of the players using it is higher, so if you aren’t particularly good at the game, you may find it hard to have an enjoyable experience there, though your ping will almost certainly be better because they have servers in more locations. Personally a guaranteed butt whooping isn’t worth a better ping for me but YMMV.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.