Help: NE vs Bloodmage/Rifle

I can’t even get my DH near the bloodmage. This usually turns into banish/bolt soon after.

What should I do when I see he opened bloodmage. I find this more difficult than UD vs Orc lol

1 Like

You don’t open DH. Going DH first is asking for a loss vs any decent player in any matchup currently. The hero went from ‘superman’ to a nobody with the many buffs/nerfs on all races post 1.26.

If you follow pro scene, you will see LOTS of keeper instead.
DH is bad vs piercing. All piercing is buffed (Trolls, Rifles, Serpent Wards, Gargs, etc.). You get the idea.

1 Like

Yeah what Acccreate said. I normally have more trouble with Keeper as UD, since he can entangle my fiends. Keeper can usually rush for early or easy expo. When I see an opening Demon Hunter, I get a bit more relaxed in my game-play and bust out the naga as a second hero. Against the Keeper, I have to keep my Fiends in my base until I can get the Destroyers in the air to dispel the Entangle.

Select Keeper as a first hero and pick off his riflemen with entangle and focus fire from your hero and Archers. Keep Keeper out of range of mana drain which should be easier then DH. If Keeper can kill my Fiends 100% when I don’t have Destroyers-and that’s with a DK heal, then you should be able to pick off the Riflemen easily.

Ok then. I shall try this.