Having a Female Death Knight model is bad why?

It’s not a skin, it’s a replacement.

So? What do you have to say now? Now that the male DK is added to the game. You bitter salty crying child.

Assuming what is in the current beta is an evidence MUCH stronger than… nothing.

People are complaining here exactly because of how it’s working on Beta.

Any Blizzard worker could post here: “you can choose your skin” and end all this discussion instantly and NO ONE will talk about the female skins ever again.

But the historic in the video game industry is that if they are not talking about something is because they are avoiding it on purpose because it will have backlash.

Complaining about how it works on the beta is complaining about the facts. Just saying “don’t worry guys, it’s OBVIOUS you can pick your skin” is just wishful thinking based on nothing.

So? What do you have to say now? Now that the male DK is added to the game. You bitter salty crying child.

Where is the new male DK model?

Oh my lord, this?
Really?
This?

I like the fem knight just fine.
She’s not bad in the slightest I rather enjoy them.
The death squire joke raises a mildly entertaining thought or two.

As for people whinging about being “forced” into playing the fem knight…

SHUT IT!
You bloody ingrates just don’t get it.
While you sit there and gripe about sjws and china and progressive ideological crap the devs are back pedaling from this $hit show so fast it’s not even funny.

You keep this up and we’ll lose everything even remotely new.
The stratholme treatment is gone thanks to you guys, what do you want gone next?
The battle.net functionality?
The Reforged music perhaps?
Maybe the new models?

At what point will you quit whining and let us wait for the game to actually happen.

1 Like

You really believed that they cut the reforged campaign and reworked cinematics because of the ‘people whining’ ?

Well, this kind of PR move REALLY works!

1 Like

Fine then ya nit-picky little thing.

It was people whining AND because they did not like where it was going to boot.

Did ya see the look on that guys face when he said “maybe we shouldn’t break it”
Dude looked like he was ready to get lynched.

A beta is a work in progress. Subject to change. We all know this.

Any Blizzard worker could post here: “you can choose your skin” and end all this discussion instantly and NO ONE will talk about the female skins ever again.

You must not have been here for long because you must not realize that there was practically one full year of silence since the announcement. They even ninja-updated the Night Elf page, had the Dark Ranger put up there, took the site down and said nothing. They released some promotional images in a China convention, first time we saw the Huntress, Thrall etc; and we didn’t get any of those promos released here. There were changes made to the Necromancer with nary any explanation why.

So yes, a lot of things can be explained away if someone came here to say it. But if you know what’s been happening for the past year or so, don’t ever expect some Blizzard CM to pop up in here to answer some trivial information, because it’s realistically not gonna happen. Do we want it to happen? YES! But it’s not happening so your expectations in this context are unfortunately unrealistic.

I totally get that more communication from Blizz would stem some of the backlash. But honestly when I see people on the forums asking for hard proof for something that has never been confirmed, then it’s not reasonable.

Again, I’m fine with complaints and criticism, but I’m completely against using fallacious reasoning to back up any argument. If the argument is ‘the beta is evidence’ then it’s not evidence at all. It’s anecdotal and observed; which is as bad as using any unprovable argument to sustain itself. Just like if I said ‘the game will be cancelled, prove me wrong’ you wouldn’t be able to prove it no matter what, but it doesn’t make the argument any more credible. Here, I am pointing out that the use of the current Beta as evidence of the female DK being a permanent choice is simply not credible. Neither is the absence of a male DK icon. When considering that the beta is a work in progress, and that we haven’t been given any direct reasoning why such things have been with-held, there is no reason to jump to the conclusion that the male DK is permanently removed. It would be more reasonable to criticize that there is a lack of a male DK in the beta, but not to make that further argument into this being how things will be in the final game. If an entire race is being with-held, then we know this game isn’t a reflection of final progress.

And now you know why they are radio silence all this time. Because they are cutting a lot of things and want to avoid the maximum amount of backlash possible.

It’s better to let people be wishful thinking about the product to not generate a wave of bad press about it before release than just wait for the release and the bad press be too late to impact sales.

You think if they permanently changed the male models to female models or if they will permanently randomized they would post this anywhere…? Of course not, it’s something that will generate a lot of backlash so it’s better to not talk about it.

You talk as if you never partipated on any beta. The beta is always very very close to what the game will be.

Look at the Age of empires 2 Definitive Edition. I was part of the beta and the final game is literally the same game the beta was.

They are not communicating about this game on purpose. Again: all this skins criticism could be ended with one post with 5 words but they choose not to do it.

And now you know why they are radio silence all this time. Because they are cutting a lot of things and want to avoid the maximum amount of backlash possible.

No, we actually do not know why there is radio silence still. You are using observation and anecdotes to prop this theory. I am pointing this out to you - you have nothing to back up this argument other than your own opinion, and that is not evidence.

Correlation =/= Causation. I mean you can posit this as a theory and try and persuade an argument, but you can’t say ‘now we know’ because in all truth of the matter, we don’t. I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying you are unable to prove your statement that ‘now we know’. The fact is - we don’t know. We’re all guessing, we’re all using our opinions based on what we see. That is not knowing, that is assuming.

And that’s the exact situation with the female DK right now. What do we really know about this situation? We don’t know much, period. Nothing suggests this as a permanent change, nothing shows us that it is a temporary change. So it’s absolutely and undoubtedly wrong to say ‘now we know’ just because it’s in the beta right now. That is the basis of arguing assumptions rather than arguing with factual basis.

Ok then, you want to ignore all the evidence by all the past games and betas that ever existed on history and just be a blizzard apologist. I get that, everyone was an apologist at one point of their life.

But at least, when the game is finally released and any of these things being critized turn out to be true, support the people complaining about it instead of defending Blizzard to hell and back at all costs.

Because some people will never change their opinion no matter what happens and will never blame blizzard for anything.

1 Like

What do the other betas of past games have to do with Reforged?

I was part of the original WC3 beta and there was even more in-progress work during that game’s development than what I’m seeing now. At one point, you could make 3 of the same hero. Triple Keeper and Triple Blademaster rush was a thing.

Do we have that in the final game? No.

But at least, when the game is finally released and any of these things being critized turn out to be true, support the people complaining about it instead of defending Blizzard to hell and back at all costs.

Like I said, there is a world of difference of ‘when the game is finally released’ and the WIP that we have righ tnow. I’m not even against you, I’m on the side that we SHOULD have randomized DKs and DK males in the game. What I am against is anyone positing that this is an indication of the final game; which it is not. It is the beta. If you want to talk about the beta, then talk about the beta. Don’t pretend that this is anything more than that.

Because some people will never change their opinion no matter what happens and will never blame blizzard for anything.

I blame Blizzard all the time. They’re not communicating enough, they’re making changes without explaining to the public, they’re cutting content that was announced, they’re messing with the balance without any credible design, they don’t even have a release date yet despite having pre-orders since the announcement. There is a LOT wrong with Blizzard.

And of all those things wrong, regarding anything in the beta as if it were final is not one of them. That is not a mistake being made, that is literally what a beta is about. A beta is not a demo, and that’s what people are mistaking it as.

If you were ever in the previous Blizzard betas, you’d already see it without the rose-tinted glasses you are wearing now. The Dreadlord’s ultimate was changed like 5 times during Warcraft 3 beta. It was put in the game WITHOUT a Ultimate ability at first too. They didn’t make the Infernal drop until months later.

And here you are saying female DK is final just because it’s missing a model and icon? Get real.

1 Like

That’s my point. There’s nothing from them either way, which is concerning.

I mean I’m biased in saying there’s a slight bias in favour of both existing because there are three Death Knight entities in the editor.

It wasn’t. Whoever told you it was was lying.

And yet in melee the only DK that gets summoned is the female one. Not even the male entry reusing the Arthas model gets summoned.

Tell me why I should even begin to believe Blizzard’s going to fix this.

2 Likes

I have a feeling you’re not open to thinking otherwise at any point between now and launch when we see the resolution to this current conundrum.

Then you’d be mistaken. It’s been my personal experience that it’s always safer to assume the worst than assume the best, because not assuming anything is impossible and nine times out of ten the worst happens.

Show me evidence that Blizzard even remotely intends to address this and I’ll change my tune. Even if only a little.

1 Like

That’s a very interesting perspective to have that sounds tiring to maintain.

Reality is tiring.

While that works for keeping expectations low, it’s better to… not assume at all.

When you assume any given conclusion, you start building expectations for yourself. And you will reach a certain point where you actually convince yourself of the very thing you know is unconfirmed, and start talking as though it were already real.

This is pretty much the situation you’re in where you’re feeling depressed, but you’re really only doing it to yourself.

I have a friend who has done the same thing with Global Warming. He got so invested in it that the more news he reads about it, the more depressed he gets, and the more angry he gets towards anyone who remotely tries to convince him to live a normal life and not worry about climate change. I mean he was always aware of global climate change but it’s really within the last year or so that he’s become radicalized and his personality has become extremely prickly. And honestly he does it to himself.

I already stated that not assuming anything is impossible.

Therefore, it’s better to assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised than to assume the best and be woefully let down. And most of the time I try to base my assumptions on actual evidence and past experience.

I’m not depressed. I’m alert, and wary.

1 Like

It’s not impossible.

If I asked you what your next born child will be, boy or girl, what would you say? You could say one or the other, or the better way is just… not assume either option and live your life not thinking about it. Just don’t assume.

You are assuming right now because you are concerned. You are wary because you are worried. That’s normal. But it’s good to acknowledge that these are your own choices to hold on to these concerns when you are free to let them go anytime.

What I tend to do is think of what happens 10 years later if I looked back at my life now. I ask myself is this worth getting worked up over? Was crying over milk that I spilled when I was 4 really worth it? It’s no different now, we are still running high on emotions on things we care about.