Having a Female Death Knight model is bad why?

He’s not wielding frostmourne, you can’t see it. I took the screenshot from the back and now we can’t see the differences between arthas and this model but it’s not arthas for sure, anyone can state that clearly.

I forgot to take more screenshots because of the rhytm of the game, we were concentrated.

That works, and that’s better :slight_smile:

Stop lying, you took the screenshot from the back so we couldn’t see the frostmourne. Too bad we see his armor, invincible and his hairs, eyes and everything.

It’s a placeholder model because the art is not in the game yet.

You can say the same of all the Night Elves currently in the game and in the editor that use the old models. That’s not the way the final game will ship.

I mean even just recently they updated Kael’thas’ model, which only had 2 Verdant Spheres. Now it is updated properly with 3 Verdant Spheres. Clearly the game is still in progress, even with the art.

3 Likes

Dude the moment i saw him in game i thought i must take screenshots of him to stop people raging in forum about undead not having male dk, but the battle raged and i forgot! When i remembered to take the screenshots we were at the end of the game and the guy didn’t move his dk when i screenshot it. But despite that you can see he’s clearly not arthas and that is not arthas model, a similar one for generic games, but not his model.

7:44, it’s already marked in the video, it should start right at the right time. If not, start at 7:44.

How is it forcing when you even say “female option”, English is not my 1st language but unless I’m wrong option means you have choices.

I don’t know why you’d hate it, the female DK looks way more badass than the old male DK. Although I think she’d have looked better holding her reins rather than wield an axe she never uses.

Would be nice if the gender of your hero would be RNG

1 Like

It’s not random if it’s planned and implemented, if just not modeled yet. There seems to be a reason why when people get the male variant of the Death Knight, it’s Arthas’ model right now. A placeholder because there’s a real Arthas variant in the files.

It’s Arthas model. Stop spreading lies like FFS, you didn’t make a screenshot of him because he has Frostmourne. Do you think that people are stupid enough to believe that a guy who has Arthas hair, armor, horse and hidden blade wouldn’t see it’s Arthas? lol

because it isn’t actually an option. it is random.

Or Just use your eyes and just a little of your brain and see that’s a 2x2 game, the other player has an undead male dk, he’s not using any spoils of war skin and you can even see his nick, Salvarine. How would i simulate all that?

But that’s Arthas model. Are you blind or what? xD

1 Like

Yeah man you all are right about the model, it’s arthas model i guess. I’ve saw another male dk in another 2x2 match i was playing and took several screenshots of him this time. It looks like it’s arthas model, it seems that sword is really frostmourne. But it’s an arthas model for a generic male dk of melee games. Maybe it’s a placeholder model while they fabric the generic male dk. Anyways i like that model for male dks. Here is some screenshots. I lost this match…

Simply, really. The original DK was a male. That’s what I played when I was a kid and that’s what I want to play in Reforged. Don’t care at all if she’s in the game, so long as I can choose not to use her.

Also, the female DK looks ridiculous dual wielding whilst riding a horse. I laughed when I saw her.

2 Likes

The hero names are randomized though, so it has no relevance to lore or anything they are just for fun. Add more cross-gender models please =)

Because people want things how they were.

They want all male characters as male and all female characters as female.

It’s not that hard to understand.

1 Like

It seems like people have problem with it, lol.

From a purely “historically authentic” perspective: Women were as good as never trained in any martial skill during the Medieval Age. As Warcraft is supposed to be a Medieval Fantasy setting, the idea is very much that the same values would apply. Considering that a Death Knight still has to have combat expertise or else he’s just a Necromancer in plate armour, it would be a waste to recruit women into this position.

Now Blizzard has not given a single wing wang about authenticity since technically forever, everything was sparked from a love for coolness and radness and all things superdope and fun. Their development of Warcraft simply used to be more inspired by more authentic franchises, but that’s all in the past. It’s canon that women regularly enroll and fight in Human armies, it’s canon that there is no difference, so it’s also canon that there are female Death Knights.

People that are outraged at Lady Death Knights are trying to hold on to a semblance of authenticity in a franchise that has longsince abandoned it, which is really sad to be honest. In my personal opinion, I’m more irritated that the Lady Death Knight gets to dual wield a sword that’s twice as wide with a ckuf-off giant battle axe. I think it’s dope having variation but this is trying to make the Lady look stronger and more badass than the Lord and I think that’s just plain unnecessary.

1 Like

but you still get your male DK…