GeForce Experience unable to retrieve current settings

I am having trouble trying to get my GeForce experience optimization working for the game. All my other games work fine but for Warcraft III it says “Unable to retrieve current settings. Starting or closing the game or application, or editing the settings, should fix the problem.” I’ve done all and also reinstalled both the game and geforce and my drivers and the problem persist. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?

I am not a tech support agent and I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment.

I am also not familiar with whatever the GeForce Experience Optimization is. However, I can tell you this:
On all 3 of my PCs where I have tested using Warcraft III: Reforged I was using GeForce cards of various kinds. In all cases, I did not use any special optimization technology but rather allowed the Warcraft III game to decide for itself how to run, generally. The Warcraft III: Reforged game engine is based on the 2002 Warcraft III game engine that was a project that began probably in 1999 or 2000. So, the contents of this codebase are incredibly old, and the systems added in Reforged mostly revolve around forcing this old system (that was written before both Firefox and Chrome) to load a web page for the menu screen. This is a kind of brittle technology and so, as a layman and not as a person in a position of any authority, my guess is that whatever optimization you are trying to do is not likely to make things better for this game technology system. Instead, the suggested way to play Warcraft III: Reforged is to play it as given, without additional third party optimizations.

I hope my layman guesswork solution can help you to assuade your concerns. If you disable all third party optimizations or modifications and find that Warcraft III: Reforged is still not working properly without them on your hardware, I suggest opening another thread here on the forum focused on the topic of when the game itself is not working.

Best.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.