Game is unplayable. Broken

So a friend and I went to download and install warcraft 3 after not having played it for many years. But after installing we experienced nothing but a ton of issues.

First of all the game only boots successfully at random times - it will pop up with a message saying it needs to be reparied but when scanned for errors it finds nothing.

Eventually we both got the game to start succesfully and we went to create a game. But as soon as the game loads we get instantly kicked with a message saying “desync detected”. No matter what type game (custom or normal) we create or join, we would get kicked.

We tried a bunch of different things such as change graphic settings, disable firewall, change network settings, etc etc. But no luck.

We have played this game for years before the reforged edition, and we have never experienced anything like this before. The game used to just always work perfectly. So I really wonder what is going on and if there is any fix.

Both of us refuse to buy the reforge edition btw, so thats not an option.

5 Likes

desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect desync disconnect

1 Like

Hi.

This is happening to you because you also previously downloaded a non-Reforged pirate version of the game on your same computer prior to playing Reforged. Next time, please do not be a pirate.

Thanks!

Edit:

I am kidding, by the way. The only time I heard of someone having the same issue you do was when they had previously pirated the game on the same computer. Actually, by slightly trolling in this way, I was really interested to hear whether you had this issue without ever pirating the game.

Edit 2: Nevermind. Check here:

Hello, I can assure you that I’ve never had a pirate version of the game. Ontop of that I installed the game on a brand new computer that I bought literally only two weeks ago.

Anyway, thanks for the link. I will check it out.