Game freezes on loading screen after update

I got the update this morning and battle.net downloaded and installed it. I then started the game and get stuck on loading screen with lion.

I have tried to re-install the game as well as disable antivirus and firewall but nothing helped.

Any more ideas? I’m installing via “classic WC3” on battle-net but appears to be Reforged installer these day so shouldnt be the issue I assume.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Stuck on lion screen.
No error messages come up whether i try launch game online or offline after update it just stays stuck on the Lion screen…

Might want to provide some technical specification details of your system. For example if Warcraft III is installed on a SSD (recommended) or HDD (expect considerably longer load times).

Game installed on default location C:/Programfiles (x86)/Warcraft III.
Was working fine before this big update. After update just gets stuck on Lion screen with blue eye, no cursor, no nothing just stays there , no error messsages come up . Game also doesnt go in on offline / single player mode ruling out network., so seems after update nothing works…

Hella frustrating…’

I have both WC3 classic and reforged.

Please assist Blizzard as a paying loyal client i expect to be able to play the game i paid for for…

Have attempted to run a scan and repair twice after update but it also doesnt make a difference. The fact that the game gets stuck on the lion screen with blue eyes even attempting to play offline shows network errors is not the case. Disabled all firewalls and antivirus, still nothing… Ive tried running only blizzard launcher without W3C and doesnt make a difference with or without W3C launcher…

Please fix

Tried different region as well doesn’t make a difference either

I have the same thing. Reinstalled the game, changed the regions - nothing helped.

Reinstalling battle.net - solved the problem!

Great! I tried today again and then it worked to start the game. Might been BN related then as well.

Ran on SSD and has worked flawlessly even with deforged client.

Altight… ive come across other posts with similarities but still no solution.

The latest ive tried is going to the C:\Users\livEoN\Documents\Warcraft III

cut and paste the battlenet folder on desktop tried to launch and still same thing…

However when i cut and paste the entire warcraft III folder out of documents and paste it on the desktop and launched… then the game launches with only a black screen… no cursor no nothing… just remains like that…

So when i cut and paste the Warcraft III folder back into documents it then came back to my original problem again of being stuck on lion screen with blue eyes and no cursor…

So im thinking there is something in this folder that is causing the game to not launch fully into the game…

Please advise / assisst blizzard… or anyone… my weekend off and i really just want to enjoy gaming… :frowning:

1 Like

Someone on reddit solved the issue by opening properties for BlizzardBrowser.exe and remove “compability for Vista” which for whatever reason was ticked after the patch.

I have been having the same problem, reinstalled the battle.net, but it didn’t help, support assistance doesn’t see the solution too, except saying that it might has smth to do with PC perfomance, but I didnt have this problem before the patch.

Have u solved it or still the same problem?

Same problem, please help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.