Game does not load

Yesterday the game stopped loading for me. I click “PLAY” on the Battlenet launcher. The game comes up but it stays on that first screen of the gate. It never opens up and actually loads the game. Wtf happened?

2 Likes

It happens to me too, tried game restart, battlenet restart doesn’t work. Than I tried PC restart, after the pc restart when i opened the game i was logged out and requested to login, after login works fine.

Damn that hasn’t worked for me. I don’t know wtf is going on

Hey, illmatic! Let’s try off with some basics to see if this helps.

I was able to find a crash related to some issues with the Battle.net service that may be relevant to the game not loading. Let’s gather a DxDiag file. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

I tried looking in the OneDrive Documents folder but there’s nothing in there.

Had to put the DxDiag in pastebin: yx971SHs.

EDIT: I just found out that this is a battlenet issue. Not specific to WC3. Other games won’t load either.

1. +++ WER9 +++:

2. Fault bucket , type 0

3. Event Name: BlueScreen

4. Response: Not available

5. Cab Id: 0

• Problem signature:
  1. P1: a0

Illmatic,

It looks like you’re having Blue Screen of Death errors. It’s possible these are simply due to how old your intel drivers are, so update those. However, this type of issue could indicate a problem with any of your hardware components or your harddrive. If you continue to have blue screens after this, you need to work with a PC technician to get those resolved first. You can also use this article for some protips, but this is as far as we support any computer that’s experiencing BSODs.

I’ve updated my drivers and still no difference.

The game was working fine for weeks. As I recall, I downloaded an update then it stopped loading the game. I was getting blue screens before and the game would work fine on a 2nd attempt so I don’t think that’s why it stopped working.

I started getting blue screens right after reforged launched. It only happens to me while plugging my laptop into an external monitor. My solution was to use an older nvidia driver provided by the manufacturer. Or to disable the Intel graphics driver before launching.

A post was split to a new topic: Workwork - Game Doesn’t Launch

So is that it? No solution? I paid $30 for this game and only got to play it for 6 weeks.

game gets stuck on the Lion gate screen for me too as soon as i start it. it starts a bit lower res, then after a few seconds becomes HD. then just freezes. sometimes my mouse is available sometimes not. i tried the solutions in the thread. i just updated the game with recent update in bnet launcher. what is going on? it’s pretty wild to me that this game has had more issues than the original AFAIK

Illmatic,

I can’t help you as long as you’re having those BSODs - because whatever is causing them is a deeper problem than we can help with. We aren’t here to troubleshoot system level issues. Have you gotten help from microsoft or a local tech to fix the BSODs yet?

Like I said earlier, I’ve gotten these before and it never made a difference. I was still able to play the game as normal. It wasn’t until I downloaded an update that I started having issues.

But if you can’t do anything else then how do I get a refund on the game?

If you’d like to pursue a refund, you can use the steps at this article, though since you’ve owned the game for a while I can’t guarantee that this will be something that will work for you.

If you end up fixing the BSODs and are still having problems for some reason, please let us know. Keep in mind that the longer a BSOD goes untreated, the more damage will occur to your operating system and hardware, which may require a windows reinstall or replacement of said hardware. Even if you do refund Warcraft III, I strongly encourage you to fix those errors.

If the problem persists after the BSODs are handled, we’re happy to give it another look later.

You SUCK Blizzard. Just wanted you to know that. Reforged is still a joke players are outraged that this game has been completely ignored. YOU SUCK.

1 Like

I confirm, you are really the worst, impossible to join a custom game, I bought reforged to this, you suck blizzard