Freezes / Crashes?

When I try to play Castle fight or Custom hero survival , the game constantly freezes especially when the waves of units spawn , does anyone experience this issue as well ?
Also , when I try to create the game after the load time , the game disconnect me instantly to the scoreboard. Am I the only one ?

The temporary freezing can be either asset stalls, or unit displacement. Creating too many units at the same point is a known cause of a temporary freeze since displacing them is computationally intensive and likely runs some sort of exhaustive search.

How many units is the “wave”?

It makes no difference , it can be 1 or 20 , the game still freezes for 10-15 seconds. It might be a Reforged thing but switching to classic has shorter freezes. I’ve played other versions of the same maps before and didn’t have this problem before Reforged. But in general , Reforged has fps problems for me , shuttering , lag and I was wondering if it is from me or in the game has this kind if problems in general.

Could be asset stalls. Is Reforged installed on a SSD?

Yes it is. What’s wrong with that ?

According to the type of unit and the placement it can be related to different things.
What he is saying is that if the models and the other resources are not ready to be loaded into the running game you must load them on the fly from somewhere. This somewhere affects your game. Since non reforged models are a lot lighter you can expect shorter loading times.
Try to spawn 100 units of the same type and 100 different ones. If you see a difference it is related to assets loading. If you don’t see any it is related to placement. If you spawn at zone, you are spawning at the center of the zone, if it is already occupied the unit spawns in the “closest” free one. So, depending on the map it may take more time.
Then if spawning on a plain is the same as spawning on a complex ground think about the resources allocated by each spawn. May be a RAM problem.
tbh I think it’s assets loading as he said…

SSDs should not suffer that badly from asset stalls. Hence this will likely be something else.

Reforged models will take ~64 times longer to load than Classic ones due to the increase in asset size. Off a decent SSD this should still be sub-frame so it would not explain more than 1 frame being dropped.

Make sure the GPU is not running low on video memory when playing with Reforged graphics. With high textures it is in theory possible for maps like custom hero survival or tower defences which use huge model variety to use 8 GB or more of video memory. If that runs low then the GPU might have to page in and out of shared system memory which could negatively effect performance. The recommended requirements for Reforged are only for playing the campaign and melee, custom maps can easily exceed it and require absolutely stupid amounts of memory to run well at full quality.

And also consider that custom maps may suffer from memory leaks…