FPS problem

Hello, I contact you today because I have some problems in part (Campaign etc) having a very good PC (Capable of touring the biggest games of the moment) I happen to have drops in monstrous FPS for a few seconds (Building destroyed, big spell effect ).
My configuration:
Amd Ryzen 5 2600
MSI Radeon RX 5700 MECH OC, 8 GB
Aorus B450 Elite
16 GB of ram
Windows 10

Thank you
Cordially.

1 Like

Same here, FPS drops drastically when a building is destroyed

check the video in that post:

does that look familiar?

Yes exactly !

are you using an nvme ssd?

No, Simple SSD

Hey same here, I already posted something shortly before noticing this post

My frame rate is at a constant 60FPS all the time except for when I destroy buildings/structures. I am glad I am not the only person experiencing this problem at least.

we all have amd gpus, but tak3r just played on stream with a rx570 (apparently, dont know for sure) and his game looked ok - not great, but he didnt have this excessive stuttering.

for me the gpu utilization drops to almost 0% when it stutters - but im not sure whether its a gpu or say streaming problem of the game.

lee has an i5 2500k - so we got an intel cpu in the equation, aswell. and its a pcie 2.0 cpu aswell.

lee did you try overclocking your cpu? the 2500k should go to 4,4-4,5 quite easily.

I’m too scared to overclock to be honest lol everything in the BIOS looks scary to touch except for the DRAM frequency.

Something to point out is in the beta known issues list (which were deleted i believe) they said “users with AMD graphics cards will experience performance issues”, something along those lines.

EDIT: nvm it’s still here
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/beta-known-issues-list/7961?u=lee-22380

AMD is your problem. even World of warcraft ran like crap on my AMD FX 6350 8 core, which is older i know (six years old), but as soon as i upgraded to just a 9th gen intel core i5 (6 cores) it ran like a BEAST!

Anyway i am having zero FPS issues on Intel. AMD has been trash for a LONG time and it still shows with the modern AMD chipsets.

I’m running a 9th gen core i5 6700k, 16 gigs ddr 4 vengeance ram, nvidia GTX 1080, windows 10 and get nothing short of 60 fps at 4k resolution on max settings. I would highly suggest departing AMD as they have been struggling for quite some time now. AMD drivers are complete trash and always have been. I’ll never go back to AMD again. You get what you pay for and there is a reason AMD is cheap.

Ditch AMD and go with intel and nvidia at all costs. You won’t regret it. AMD has been in a losing battle for over a decade now.

try whether you can replicate this. host yourself booty bay, its a small map.

EDIT: found the issue. its asset caching.

it works like this:

i can cache the whole map by scrolling over it. from there on the whole map will be smooth, no matther how hard you scroll or click it.

then, building a structure or just selecting it flushes the cache and everything needs to reload. you can scroll the whole map again to build the cache, and its smooth again. build something -> cache flushed, everything needs to reload and it stutters again.