Fps drops from 120 to 5

Hi so recently Ive been having this problem, when I’m playing a game and fps drops to 5 randomly or sometimes during fights, or even clicking on different characters, it just recently started and I’ve reinstalled the game because of it and still occurres, any solution to this?

If you play in reforged graphics than that is probably the issue. It will take about 4 to 5 more years before hardware becomes good enough to offset the horrid coding made in reforged. We are unsure why but it has been since beta that simple unit selection or even the position of the camera on the map can severely impact FPS.

The best solution is to turn off reforged graphics or wait for AoE IV if you want to play RTS.

I BOUGHT NEW ALIENWARE M17 R4 just to play WARCRAFT 3 REFORGE. BUT
the performance is TERRIBLE. menu constantly lagging
the game play sometimes lag spike as game is not optimized. the shadow setting causing FPS drop. the game is totally unplayable in competitive mode. i am often disadvantage. i really have no idea if BLIZZARD , the NEW BLIZZARD management team going to do anything about this to fix and optimize the game. i have been waiting for so long for blizzard to fix. but it seems this game is totally ignore. i hope blizzard fix this issue.

Intel(R) Core™ i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
32GB RAM
RTX3080 16GB
2TB SSD M.2

your cpu`s single core performance is likely a problem. remember that warcraft 3 is an ancient game with terrible multi-core support. there is also slight loading times for the new assets, as they are loaded as needed and not pre-loaded. to run this well, you need a cpu with good single core performance, like 3.7 ghz. another issue could be gpu based. if the game runs on the integrated gpu rather than the dedicated one, your performance will suffer. you could try to use nvidia control panel to get the game to run on the dedicated gpu.