Fixing reforged Graphics (blizzcon 2018)

Hi i just wander is there any plans to fixing reforged graphics.

I see a lot of good updates to the game from new leader balance patches and on and blizzard is doing great job of balancing game.

Right now if i want to play wc3 R with some decent GFX i need to use quenching mod.(Still its not close to blizzcon 2018 but its best we got)

As we can see Reforged GFX have a lot of problem s from lightning shadows animations team colours portraits look stiff spells and on…

I know there is new team that remastered D2 and game looks insanely great and Blizzcon 2018 of reforged looked as one of the best looking RTS out there even today. standards…

Also blizzcon 2018 was done in SC2 engine on top of wc3 engine (that was original plan for wc3r) but i guess they didnt have time or resource to implement it properly so we got unpolished bad gfx…?

So it would be nice to have official answer from blizzard team ist there remaster team working on it .

I would like to buy hero or army skins for WC3R if game get some kind of re remaster of the game (other game have GFX update all the time from Fortnite to Witcher 3 an others) so its nothing new but it would be great for WC3 R to have re realise of the game with proper GFX.

Ty for reading hope some blzzard ppl answer or at list have some plans to fix it because this game is great RTS (even better with new balance patchs)

There are no plans.

Having said that, I don’t really see all the issues you’re describing. Team colors look fine to me, spells look fine to me, idk. Maybe it’s my terrible vision or something, but I don’t have a lot of issues with the reforged graphics.

(other game have GFX update all the time from Fortnite to Witcher 3 an others)

Those games are far more popular and financially successful enough to justify those kinds of updates, which are very expensive.

I personally like the new graphics and like Cptjack said, I also do not see the mentioned issues.

There is one thing I would like to be corrected however - the contrast of the colors used in the new gfx, to make the colors (grass, buildings etc.) more like original wc3.
They are too bright in my opinion, they should be more dull like in the original to keep similar vibe.

During rainy in game weather, when its darker, it already looks better - making it overall darker would make huge difference imo.

First thing you dont know that second a lot of games do re remaster of their game…

I am an artist so i see and know a little thing about art lighting shadows contrast colour theory and on…
So you may have some eye problems or something or your theist is just terrible… But we cant argue that .

GFX (even blizzard secret documents said ) that they didnt have time to finish up the game and you can see clearly compare Blizzcon 2018 GFX to WC3R of today its night and day. (Blizzcon 2018 was in sc2 engine on top of wc3)

Team colours dont pop up like original wc3 (blizzcon 2018 version teamcolor pop off like original so you could see units even in nighttime) animations are stiff as portraits are spells are looking terrible and washed up terrain is off and on and on…

Most of community can agree that game look off and (blizzard documents confirm that they need more time to work on the game GFX)

There is new team in Blizzard that remastered D2 and did a great job on it as for wc3 R GFX are not finished and as they are pumping new patches with new content like leader clans costume campaigns and on i just had question is there anybody working on GFX ?

Because if they fix (bring blizzcon 2018 GFX) i would be interesting in buying new skins for army or heroes and support game that way…

1 Like

Since you are there, mind to fix a bit your lettering skills too? :wink:

Beside jokes, what you say is true but rest assured that they are never going to fix it…

To clarify the 2018 demo was done in War3. The SC2 rumor has no basis in reality.

Its not my first lenguage :stuck_out_tongue: haha …

It may happen because if they have new remastered team in blizzard and i think if they fix GFX and maybe add some new campaign dialog or missions ppl that refunded the game may come back (buy game again)
Half of the Job was already done Models are finished leader campaign clans and on…

They already fixing game and realising new content…

As for blizzcon 2018 demo it was done in sc2 engine look at mini map and patting was better and also look at building shadows (same as sc2 building shadows)
idea was to put sc2 engine on top of wc3 engine (to merge those two) )

They are not, that’s the problem. The important fixes are still missing and there is no new content whatsoever…

The 2018 showcased graphics was specifically taken into a new direction because of an overwhelming fan backlash, which didn’t really change the results, but its “better” than 2018 atleast.

Animations and portraits being changed is completely a lost cause situation so you’re stuck with what you have. same aswell with pretty much everything else.

Also i wouldn’t recommend installing Quenching, their heavy use of local files means if one day you wanted to uninstall their mod its going to be a swamp mess. unless u go nuclear mode and purge > reinstall the whole game clean.

Come to think of it though, if there is any customization of the visuals blizzard COULD allow it would be to bring back the Brightness setting from the original game :stuck_out_tongue: that way the people who want to play Reforged but darker can tone it down a little.

Where’d you get the idea I don’t know about games updating their graphics? MMOs in particular often do so more than once as tech evolves. But this is not something low budget projects do with regularity.

I don’t know what your point is in reposting other people’s words, I know it is a thing that has happened before, but they’re barely willing to expend any money or effort on this game as it is, any further update to the game’s graphics is incredibly unlikely in the near term.

I don’t like the reforged graphics. IMO they should redo the whole thing and relaunch the game.

Pretty disappointing update overall.

I’d also like them to make WC4, with a killer campaign but they fired all the RTS guys for some stupid reason.

Blizzard likes to shoot themselves in the foot, I guess.

its subjective, i think the reforged gfx look fine the problem is more you really can’t see the detail at the normal camera distance. if I look at them up close, the units and stuff look way, way better than before. But in normal gameplay, it’s really hard to see that.

The original game was low poly, but had a style and vibe to it. The reforged graphics are more detailed sure, but they lost that magic that the original game had.

I occasionally go back to play the campaign, but I do not play the reforged version.

I wish I could get my money back and get the game back to the 1-2 gigs of disk space the original game had. It’s like 10 times the size now.

The reforged campaign has more changes than just the graphics, that’s why they’re seperate.

To me the disk space is irrelevant. I’ve got a few TBs worth of space, a 30GB game is no problem.

You can however, absolutely get your money back if you don’t want reforged, unless you don’t have the legacy game on your account.

1 Like

And I think the graphics of the reforged game doesn’t have the look and feel of the original.

It’s an opinion that I’m sharing. Thanks for your input.

As am I, and likewise.

Reforged asthetics overhaul has several fetal flaws.

The special effects creation method, popcornfx, is not modifiable by most people because its licence costs like 800$ or something.

There is technologies like facefx (what the models use to lipsync in their portrait) and moving grass when models move through it that their development into an ancient game like wc3 took alot of time and resources for not alot of benefit.

For portraits you are right, the og portraits although faking their talks has an accurate enough charm to get the job done, their expressions are iconic. so blizzard should’ve just done preset portrait animations but did it better than the 2003 ones instead of trying lipsync.

The models themselves are not really optimized as best as they can be, asthetically, being an extreme shift from the OG game meant many map makers and thousands of community resources over 15 years instead of blending in they were completely incompatible, hence maps that WANTED to transition had to abandon their idea, just use SD classic, or wait years for custom reforged models.

And that’s not really the main picture, because people who liked Reforged HD itself often say the animations need to be redone or something is off with model performance.

The thing is, in order to fix this :point_up_2: the models need more variants (internal ones called LoDs) that will definitely make Reforged HD itself smoother, but increase the game size even above 30GB because of those LoDs.

The size is right now can be reduced alot by tweaking the dds textures, no features, no nothing, just sitting down and removing waste and recompressing dds textures better. but no one is doing that for 3200 models i assume.

Also SD wc3 in Reforged is technically 15 to 20% more artifacted and pixelated then pre Reforged transition because of wrong usage of texture formats, or no real thought being put behind that.

So, who’s going to fix these ? :man_shrugging: your guess is as good as mine.

You mispelled a “c” with a “t” there.

since wheen has something like this ever stopped anyone? TPB.

PopcornFX are being modified, though a recent update to popcornfx that didn’t include backwards compatibility like the classic team made sure to uphold broke alot of things.

in anycase, even with the efforts of modification, popcorn fx are simply not used by the community, so much so that HD projects commission classic wc3 special effects artist to make models that are classic special effects but tweak the textures for brightness. (so they’re using SD models in HD because popcornfx is so unapproachable)

Its very odd to me why they did not simply make special effects to be models like they always were, mdx models and sprites. this is how wow does it too even for its modern stuff.

Though, while Popcornfx is expensive for the average mapmaker, its dirt cheap in blizzards perspective, hence they chose something that was probably one of the most anti modder friendly aspects of Reforged.