Finaly done it killed Custom games

Blizzards latest patch update has killed what few maps Spawn based genre of games we had left, there are non stop desyncs and crashes, this is like when they first released reforge where EVERY game would just crash but they at least had a team of people at that time focused on fixing things quickly, now we have a crew of probably less than 2 people actually working can you just revert your patch or fix it so can play the game again without worry of crashes or desyncs. who really plays ladder and things all your changes you basicaly reverted aside from item changes think oh yeah this is GREAT.

Also if a blue post tells me “who i kidding they don’t reply to these fourms” uh something that map did tell me why than we could play it for months on end and you release this update and even OLD maps that had no problems have this issue?

Rant ranted.

1 Like

I am sure the map can be fixed.

The crashing and desyncs are likely related. Possibly some unsafe behaviour is going on that is corrupting parts of the application memory. If it does not cause a crash by an invalid memory access, it causes a desync due to changing state values that are checksummed.

I would suggest checking the map for DestroyTrigger function calls. Given conversation with other map makers it seems that trigger destruction can still be unsafe in some circumstances and cause desyncs (or possibly crashes).

2 Likes