Female DH Voiceacting SUCKS!

Everything about the Night Elves is perfect except for this

Female DH Voice acting sucks very bad. Please fix asap

and the fact that moonwells are visually full when they have no mana

Fix asap

edit: druid of the claw bears are also too small

fix asap

10 Likes

scaling could be fixed and that moon well thing likely will as well. voice acting in permanent.

give us option to select default skin/voice acting for classic wc3

or I will just press f5 every time I random night elf and use demon hunter

it’s bad

1 Like

Correct, it makes it almost unplayable. Very, very disrespectful to the legacy of the game and Night Elves in it.

1 Like

It seems they choose the worst voice actor possible. As a dude I can probably voice female dh better than her.

3 Likes

do u realize Female DH voice is the same as female DK? just add some voice effect.

She sounds like an American trying hard to speak Spanish when pronouncing those Darnassian phrases, though I’m not bothered by her common tongue.

ELUNE AH-DOOR
ISHNU-AE-LAH

-my comment from another thread

I’d rather have them reuse the voicelines from Legion

2 Likes

there is 2 different voice packs with different lines.

Yes. Bears are to smal and she voice are rly bad and need add ligth on all cleaves

1 Like

jeez dude… xD

no…it’s not?

Not necessarily since this is something we didn’t have in the original Warcraft 3. They are using the beta to test if this works out without affecting the gameplay too much so it still could be removed from the game and get re-included later.

Saying it might be possible that one of the developers did the voice acting before hiring a professional. I didn’t listen to it yet, so I can’t tell for sure.

That and the female whisps.

Again, why the gender change? All they are doing is annoying people unnecessarily.

1 Like

I mean if you can do better, why don’t you go to their Headquarters and tell them yourself you can do better than the DH’s female voice? if not. You’re gonna have to like it or not. It will stay in the beta and the final version of the game when it comes out.

That’s a stupid argument. I’m not a paid voice actor, so I’m not allowed to ever be critical of one?

You’re not an actor or a musician so you’re never allowed to be critical of a movie, show, or song. See how that logic works?

And honestly I’m not even blaming the voice actress anyways. The blame falls squarely on Blizzard. If they had released it such that you can select which skin you want to play the game with, no one would be complaining about her voiceacting at all.

It’s the fact that Blizzard is forcing it down our throats that makes so many people hate it. Otherwise, I’d largely just be indifferent. I’d use the original and be happy and not really care about the alternate. Instead, I’m forced to hear this crap if I want to play with sound on because the original isn’t an option.

3 Likes

I really like having a female Demon Hunter, but I really don’t care for her voice. One of the most memorable things about Warcraft 3 to me is all the voiceovers, and hers just feels… wrong. Phoned in. I get the impression they wanted her to evoke the male’s voiceover, but swing and a miss in that regard. Give her her own, well acted voiceover.

2 Likes

i think female dk and dh use the same voiceactress, even after they remove the wow voiceover, seems they want to safe money as much as possible more important than making the game better.

Never flew a helicopter before, but if i see one in a tree… I can say with certainty it’s not supposed to be there

I kinda thought the first time I heard the Female Desth Knight voice, I felt like, “Yeah, okay, that gets the job done quite well if you want a Female Death Knight.”
When I first heard the female Demon Hunter voice, even if it is the same actress, I think maybe what seemed strange about it was something about the target goal for how she wanted it to sound. Given that these two voice overs might be the same human, I would almost say that if she was allowed to be freer and have more fun with the voiceover and maybe listen to all the rest of the legacy female night elf voices beforehand, she might do a job that sounds much more fitting if she recorded the Female Demon Hunter sounds on a different day in a different mindset. Likewise, her voice line where she says, “Okay, we set ourselves on fire then jump in there and do a backflup then land on two doom guards and…” and all of that stuff to me has a really different timbre or vibe to how her voice sounds on that particular file, as though the voice actress was having fun when recording that line but wasn’t having that much fun on the other lines. It left me feeling like they should have been more consistent, and maybe the “fun style” voice she used in that sound file should just be used on all the voice lines, at least as a test to see how that might sound.

Also, as a personal thing, the male recording when I was a kid in 2002 always sounded like rather than “Anudor Anudor” I thought he was saying “On a Tyranitar” because the Tyranitar pokemon had just come out at that time. (Maybe now it sounds more like “On a Tyranitor” phonetically) Although this represents my childhood brain misunderstanding what was said, I would find it cool if the Female Demon Hunter audio could also be “accidentally misunderstood” in the same way. Demon Hunters are cool, and if you imagine them riding on something like a Tyrannosaurus Rex it would probably make them even cooler, so it is a fun thing to say.