The answer is from a person who complain the new graphics. It’s not about nostalgia, it’s a warcraft 3 thing, personally I would like to play Warcraft 3, with its special unique style, even more realistic, with the special style preserved, if the style continues to develop in the direction in which it is now , and it will remain unchanged, it will not in any way resemble warcraft 3 … For example, it’s like taking a Jedi to replace star swords with “iron” with “hot steel”, technically, everything will remain the same, they will wave with them, and so on, but visually, it will not be the same as in warcraft 3 , it will play the same way, but visually, it will be a completely different game. I am for the preservation of the style and atmosphere of the game (even realistic).
Slightly conjured with the effects of saturation, contrast and brightness for a more similar effect as the original Warcraft 3, sorry for my curvature, there are those who do better. (used SAI program)
i.imgurcom/IOh6d78.png
i.imgurcom/LOKrNuj.png
i.imgurcom/47vReJq.png
Add points in front of com

1 Like

We still havn’t seen how the game looks with improved Day/Night, Lightning effects and such. It can make a huge difference. All we had was one map for demo.

The game is missing a ton of animations at this moment, models look souless…

If the graphics get anywhere close to Starcraft 2 then it will be just amazing.

1 Like

But you know that Warcraft 3 is already here and I will tell you that it is perfect as it is. I do not feel the need to receive the same or something very similar. The patch introducing support for HD in the original version was enough, I recently repeated the whole campaign once again. In my opinion, Blizzard should prove itself, they are going in right direction to do that, they trying to give us something new, fresh, pleasing to the eye, something different.

Let’s also remember about new generations, young people who do not know Warcraft 3 yet, and the current graphics are not able to stop them long enough to know its charm. Old players do not have to be persuaded to Warcraft.
Maybe it’s time to open up mind a little?

Tell me what do you really expect from W3 reforged?

1 Like

[AtheosTG]

You said everything I wanted to say. This is exactly right. I bought WC3 the week of its release and loved it. That said, I am NOT coming back if they get rid of the new, up-to-date graphics. If not even I, a longtime Warcraft 3 player, am willing to come back, what makes you think this whole new generation of players will even touch it if it still looks like an outdated lego game?

1 Like

Of course, you are right, you need to think not only about the old, but also about the new players of Warcraft 3, but I think that you need to present all the beautiful features of the game as they were then, I mean the atmosphere, lighting, style, etc. that’s the point, right? To do something that worked out great is even better, and give it to new players so that they can understand why they praised him then, didn’t they? In fact, this is the main difficulty in creating the remaster of the old games, the most difficult thing is not to lose everything that was beautiful, as I said, Warcraft 3 has a unique, atmospheric and unique style. All developers face these difficulties, and it always happens that many people disagree, and it is very difficult to please everyone, I believe in the Blizzard, I believe that they will manage to please everyone. In fact, I’m really looking forward to this game, I can neither play anything else, nor think about any other games, I hope that Blizzard will again be allowed to plunge into this enchanting, gloomy, but at the same time saturated world full of epic and a mysterious atmosphere, and since a realistic style was chosen, I thought it would become even darker and more atmospheric, because the times of the third war are one of the darkest, darkest and eventful periods in the history of warcraft. (but watching the sinematics, I see that it did not become darker, but on the contrary, it’s not very happy in terms of atmosphere, a little brighter).

Hopefully they stay true to its original creation. Everything they had lately have been targeted towards children, with cartoonish graphics, no blood, no gore. The mature theme is what got me interested in Warcraft in the first place. I was really dissapointed when i played WoW and saw just how much they had removed.

1 Like

Highly disagree!
I played games such us 8 bt armies, and they look AWESOME!
The main problem with many new games is the “shiny” graphics.
The units look too similar to surroundings and you CAN NOT differentiate easily between the 2, that’s why noboddy playes them.
You can’t simply get good in a game that you can’t read properly, graphics doesn’t have to be flashy and confusing to player, CONTRAST is the key imo, the game can be cartoony, realistin both for all I care, if you make the contrast good, game is good, otherwise BAD.
Pay attention to Color pattern Blizzard, beter no to risk it too much than spoil it, that’s what msot of players say when they want “gameplay over graphics” IMO, but I feel they can’t define it properly.

2 Likes

I like the new graphics. The only thing is, the buildings might look a little more realistic. Old players may be unhappy, but this is just a brain trick, in fact the graphics are good

5 Likes

Not bad, Luna! I admit, the newer graphics feel so much more like the original when you darken things up like that. I hope Blizzard aims to do that in the future, or at least give us a way to achieve the look and feel with settings such as gamma.

Really happy with the orc models by the way. I don’t know how anyone can hate on the new tauren.

1 Like

He’s kinda fat and glary. And the spirit walker looks scary af so far. More like a goat, than a tauren. Just my opinion.

Detailing new models is really amazing, I can not disagree with that.

1 Like

A cartoony character can also be detailed.

Yes. I very much agree with points 1, 2 and 3. The first point is especially striking, and it was the very first thing I’d noticed about the new graphics, even though I do like the grimier style. So yeah, just wanted to sign my name under the OP.

I totally agree with you AtheosTG.

And I like the metalness look . They just have to polish the characters a bit more and define them. But what they showed looks very good. When the models be more polished they will look much better. I want the most detailed and realistic graphics.

Simply the developers must continue detailing these to achieve the perfect result and the characters look good from top-down.

6 Likes

Exaclty Ababmer. For me the characters look very faithful to the originals. But giving that more realistic touch.

3 Likes

Very well explained Duskstalker :wink::ok_hand:

It’s true the new models look great. I do not understand how some people do not like how Arthas looks.

The designers have just hit the nail on the head. I feel that they have been able to faithfully capture his essence. I do not see that he looks feminine as some say, he just loks young and good-looking.

5 Likes

Right It is in process of development and we must wait for the final result. :slight_smile:

Can you pretty please link this screenshots?

Thank you

Never mind. I found them.