Fat units in Reforged

In the whole game the units that required most of the food are:
5 Food: tauren, destroyer, chimaera
7 Food: mountain giant, frost wyrm

We all can see the discrepancy. Mountain giants and frost wyrms feel like “ultimate” units that require too much food and resources. Even units with 5 food, we don’t see that often (except destroyers that are unique dispel provides for UD). In order to see giants and wyrms more often in 1vs1 games, we should rather reduce their food to 6. Of course, hp and price should adjusted. Even with 6 food, these units already will be the most “fat” units in the game.

In the same way, the units with the most armor are
3 Armor: spell breaker, tauren, gargoyle, destroyer, druid of the claw (bear form)
4 Armor: mountain giant
5 Armor: knight

I suggest to reduce knights armor from 5 to 4 and balance the nerf with +1 attack or some extra hp. Human has plenty access to armor via Paladin’s aura and inner fire. Knights don’t need that much starting armor. This way all units in the game with upgrades will have at most 4+6=10 armor.

Idk about frost wyrms but we already saw the 6 food giants, and i bet none wants to see them again in that state.

I agree, we saw 6 food giants, and we saw them being used. I still think the direction of the change was correct. From patch 1.30:

• Decreased cost from 425 to 350 gold
  • Decreased Supply from 7 to 6

The only problem was that mountain giants’ hp weren’t reduced. I am talking about making them 6 food and reducing their stats at the same time so that they won’t be overpowering.

This way, if we modify giants, we may not need to introduce an extra upgrade “Sundering blades” for knights. They received a slight buff with the new Animal War Training already.