Expanded Handicap Option

We already have a great handicap system where you can set hit point values at 50% to 100% for units and buildings. However…
I would like to see the option to also allow Hero abilities to be nerfed through the handicap system as well, because area-effect abilities like Chain Lightning or Shockwave absolutely DECIMATE armies when the handicap is low. It feels wrong.

1 Like

I have never seen anyone ever using handicap system.

Unles its a hidden feature on ladder to improve noob player performance.

edit. If you think game speed it too fast for you to think, set it to slowest or normal so you have more time to think when training against bot or somebody who wants to train…

1 Like

The handicap system is used for solo play vs a.i. and I absolutely love using it.

Its especially nice for custom maps where you customize your own heroes, units, and buildings, and use them against a.i… Its my favorite way to play Warcraft III.

The reason I like it is because in Warcraft III, the battles sometimes take a really long time, and if you want a more Starcraft II micro experience, you can use handicap.

That being said, it would be nice if offensive abilities and healing abilities got nerfed accordingly when the handicap is used.

But what’s the point of the handicap if damage and health are both lowered? It’s like all the same, but with smaller numbers.

Good question. The answer is that Unit & Building attack damage remains the same. The only thing changing is slightly nerfing hero damage based on the handicap % chosen for that match. The units WILL be dying much faster at a 50% handicap - the only difference is your Far Seer’s Chain Lightning will not take 80% of their health off. Towers and units will ‘hit harder’ (technically) and battles will still be faster; something closer to the Starcraft II pace.

Hope that’s clear.

I completely agree! Battles sometimes feel too long. I also like just playing vs computer & tinkering up with World Editor, setting up some simple but interesting fixes, like making food limit to 50, etc. I would like an option to change relative strength of auto-attacks to 2x of the current.

I.e. somewhat like 50% health handicap, except:

• Damaging abilities/items do 50% less dmg
  • Healing abilities/items do 50% less healing

It is not completely pointless, as Sabeximus asked, - because the auto-attacks are still 100%, means the fights will be roughly twice as fast, without breaking existing abilities/items damage/healing balance.

P.S. It is possible though. Not with one single setting though, but you don’t need to change the values for every single unit either. The settings are in AdvancedGameplay Constants..., the drawback, though, is that auto-attack values are kinda “lying”, because they displayed the same way, but received dmg is twice as more. (I’m not allowed to include links sorry):

https:// i.imgur .com/iJRFkDw.png

1 Like

command and conquer 3 for example have the ability to set up to 95% handicap and that affects all unit stats. units do less damage and have less hp. that would be the perfect solution for warcraft 3.

I mean, I think it’s fine? The handicap system is there to even out the skill between two players. If it’s too much, set the handicap to a more reasonable value, until you get back to no handicap when both players are as good as each other.