ETA & Questions about missing features

Hey there,

I played about 200 games when this launched about a year ago now but quickly got bored due to the fact the game was missing a lot of classic features, the main ones were:

• Clans
  • Player profiles
  • Ladder Stats / Arranged Team with rankings in your profile
  • The Old Battle.net Chat rooms
  • Daily / Weekly Tournaments

Is there any news / ETA on these features, eager to come back but can’t see myself of any of my clan lasting for any length of time without them, basically the whole clan (around 100 people) played a bit for the first month or so from launch then dropped off.

Many thanks.
John

3 Likes

Unfortunately, since the last developer update in August, they have gone completely radio silent. So no ETAs or answers at all.

At this point, people are just hoping for something at Blizconline in Feb.

5 Likes

You can find all of those features - except the tournaments - on w3champions, a community mod for the competitive scene. ETA for automated tournaments is a couple of weeks.

1 Like

What you cannot find there is a reconnect feature. Which is the biggest missing feature and the most important one than the features listed above. It’s just sad that people keep forgetting that

2 Likes

Reconnect feature on w3champions? ETA 1-2 months. :slight_smile:

but they not host custom games that are not melee maps do they? If that’s happening I might join but it’s a matter of time I guess

Footmen Frenzy guys asked for a ladder and we started planning it in theory, we still need to work on our server and melee stuff first though. Once we got the FF ladder running, it’ll be pretty easy to support more funmap ladders.

Well there are people like me that plays other maps not like Footmen Frenzy DotA1 Angel Arena Legion TD etc. What we’re looking for is just a reconnect feature so when the drop appears we can just reconnect and continue. Sure having a ladder and ranks for Custom Games is good but the top priority should be reconnect feature for both Ladder and Custom Games. It’s just so sad that Blizz didn’t mention it…

It’s not the same people doing the reconnect and ladders, so it’s not a zero sum game.

I don’t get it, if you want to play custom games then play through the normal option in the menu. What exactly would be the point in custom games “ranking” if that’s what they’re called, custom games?

well, some very popular custom games have ranking systems…

We can do that, my point is reconnect feature, because the server is not great. All we want is to have reconnect feature so we never have to deal with disconnects/desyncs etc

Alright I didn’t know, was a genuine question. I did love warcraft 2’s profile system though, it had 3 separate categories : iron man ladder , ladder and normal games. It was awesome

1 Like

People who play a certain custom map for 15 years don’t want to be in the same game as someone who plays it for the first time and quits after 2-3 minutes.

People used to be able to create their own systems with hostbots, but they got shut down.

2 Likes

Have we got any ETA missing features I mentioned in my original post, this is like my favourite game of all time and really hope to get back into it someday… maybe with Diablo 2 Remastered being finished now they could divert some resources back to Warcraft 3?

Nope! Still haven’t heard any news on anything - and with the lawsuit they are under now going federal I doubt we will for YEARS to come, if ever.

Honestly at this point I think they have abandoned the project fully and will never bother finishing adding in these features (or custom campaigns) back into the game

It’s obviously far too much of a hassle for them to get it done this late in the game.

How disappointing. It never ceases me to amaze me how these companies promise something, take everyone’s money from pre-orders and then just never finish it. The original IMO was the best strategy game ever made, all they had todo was improve the graphics… I’m so sad about this.

Yeah, it is really sad. A simple graphics update, similar to sc remastered, leave everything else would have been enough to satisfy most players. Anything else they added would have been a bonus. It is actually amazing how badly Blizzard has treated this game.

what about co-op, when will come around?

Vicarious Visions is no more as it officially becomes part of Blizzard Entertainment

Please help us… your our only hope… this could have been the best RTS ever… just add the features from the original title already… REFORGE the DAMN game!