Editor of Warcraft 3 reforged: opening maps from folders

Pratically, when i use the editor application and i try to load an already existing map from warcraft 3 reforged folders, it does the upload and suddenly it crashes so badly with no code error or explanation. I’m desperate because of this problem… i tried to use compatibilty mode but it doesn’t work anyway. Any ideas? I tried to open directly the map through its shortcut in a compatibility mode too, but nothing.

Thanks

Blizzard Entertainment does not directly support the editor. They state this on the Editor’s first time start screen, too.

So, they will probably not help you. Many users report issues similar to yours with the World Editor. Sometimes the World Editor crashes now, and this is just how the new people working since August 17th, 2022 treat the Reforged. Sometimes they might fix a crash if they know the cause, but for the most part they updated the World Editor to crash a lot more and it might demotivate users like you from making custom games but the official company people don’t have the time to help you.

So, if you want help, maybe it is best that you stop by a third party modding website for Warcraft III. People on the modding sites might know how to help more, and have more experience resolving issues. Unlike the official people at Activision and its affiliates, the third party modding websites are unlikely to get money from you visiting them. So, their motivation is different. They don’t have to turn a profit like Activision, and so they might have time to stop and help you with your World Editor problems for longer periods of time, and have fun being creative.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.