Do not talk or discuss WC4, for your own sake

Blizzard can not do design, they havent been able to since activision bought them (halfway through wow’s wotlk expansion) and havent done a single good design ever since.

dont force them into making other badly-designed game, dont repeat it, just be happy with remasters from when they were capable of creating video games, play wow classic, play SC1 remaster, play reforged.

Ask for better graphics, for more features or whatever, but DO NOT ask for a Warcraft 4, that’d be the end of everything, you’ll regret it if it ever comes out, just like you’re 98% likely to regret Diablo 4

2 Likes

Blizzard can not do design

Blizzard Entertainment has an estimated net worth of about $20 billion”

Yeah… tell us more oh wise one.

3 Likes

We talk about WC4 all the time. A new expansion for it is due out next year. (Hopefully. Given where this is going, ehh, my faith is kinda shaky.)

no, there is currently no warcraft 4. world of warcraft is a spin off and not a sequel but, like all spin offs it had to start somewhere. it incorporated elements of warcraft 3 into its story as a place to start.

Hmm… I personally enjoyed Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch.

The only game which came after Warcraft 3 and was a game design desaster when released was Diablo 3 (Vanilla) - and they fixed it by patching the crap out of it and releasing Reaper of Souls. Too bad it won’t get another expansion to round it up.

Hearthstone was a nice game “to go”. Cool for laptops, tablets and phones.

Concerning Diablo IV: We’ll see. If it’s not good at all, I’m sure they’ll fix it and just in case there’ll still be PoE 2. :slight_smile:

Says the person who created a thread on wc4.
With that being said. All they have to do is add a few new units to each race and it will still be a hot seller.
It worked for sc2. Nothing drastically new. No new race. They just updated the graphics, the interface, added a few new units, and the name sold itself.

Ah yes a scientist. Could you link me the study for this statistic?

it is not a sequel, it is a spinoff. it is not canon. MMOs rarely is. star trek online is the same way, it is a spin off of star trek, starting at some point after voyager. MMOs use known universes and is having fun with them.

The only non-canon (to the mainline lore) entries in the multimedia Warcraft series are the movie, Hearthstone, the tabletop RPG, the old TCG, and Heroes of the Storm’s Warcraft elements.

the movie is likely canon but, it tells the story of warcraft orcs and humans from a different angle. world of warcraft is not canon. warcraft 4 would therefore continue where warcraft 3 left off.

The Warcraft movie is as much canon as the Netflix adaption of Death Note. It bases on the same story, but that’s it.

Warcraft and World of Warcraft also share the lore while being different trademarks. Since WoW is the story-telling successor of Warcraft 3 made by the same studio and enhances the lore it’s canon until they make Warcraft 4 which disproves WoW.

I think when Chris Metzen talks about how the movie canon isn’t mainline canon, we’re safe to take his word on it.

Citation needed

You must be a big fan of cellphone games with that logic. Buddy.