Disappointed at spoils of war skins being WoW related instead of wc3 related

I disagree but respect your opinion.
Perhaps I’d have worded it a little less crassly and insulting to another player base, but I understand your anger.

I just personally don’t find it important enough to be upset over.

I said I liked the Jaina model… Maybe you skipped that part, that doesn’t make me unable to see other people don’t like it, for the simple reason they want warcraft 3 related stuff, I don’t live alone in this world and neither do you.

Perhaps he wanted something different as spoil of wars and let the wow articles come separated from the spoils of war

I don’t think I implied you didn’t like Jaina’s model, nor is that relevant to what I said.

And this post actually argues my point. Us Warcraft 3 players aren’t the only ones that matter. Blizzard wants to also appeal to the WoW player base. That’s kind of the point. (and/or the people who like both, because they exist. For the record, I despise what they did to Jaina from Cataclysm onwards.)

Well, it’s just their vision of his character that evolved.
He not only have stripes tattoos in WoW WoD, but in chronicles, movies and arts that appeared later on.
I personally don’t care about the tattoo that much when it comes to his whole model, because overall it’s my favorite new model.
Then can go with both and i will be fine.

Nah, i disagree.
Besides the bad story in WoD, the retconned body build and his armor are the things that i really like and from what i can see on the comments so far everywhere, good chunk of people love his model aswell.

As a fan of him, main of orcs in wow since forever i always thought that he had the most boring, leats looking important models that don’t stood well enough to be considered this big persona, but im also a fan of beefier orcs not the slim ones.
Now he finally looks menacing, ferocious like bid bad MOFO orc that just cuts some heads with his howling axe, like in his new cinematics and how i thought about him in my head.

Thrall, Rexxar and Grom are my big favorite trio, but Grom takes the cake when it comes to the model, Thrall is alright and Rexxars model needs his size increased a little bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Grom is my favourite orc in warcraft lore, among other reasons for how he defies expectations. His more slim athletic build, ear-piercing scream and such… He stands out among orcs to me exactly because he’s so unique instead of just a biggest toughest grunt.

But to each his own. As has been said earlier in this thread, your opinion is just as valid as mine.
So it seems we’ll just have to disagree and you are free to tell blizzard to keep him the same, just as I am (in what seems like a minority) of fans that will try to ask for them to stick to established canon.

I don’t think he resembles in the slightest just a biggest simple toughest grunt.
His model feels unique finally and when you play you can see this big chunky on the battlefield very clearly chopping heads.

But yeah to each his own, i don’t mind them changing little things(such as more redder new blademaster type fel color), but i will want his bodybuild to stay the same, because better dead orcs than thin orcs that went to become crossfit jesus. :smiley:

Sometimes you want to appeal to everyone and everyone ends up leaving you…
Let’s be clear they already tried this once with heroes of the storm… Wow players came got their achievement necessary for the wow mount in game and just left the game as they come.

Trying to appeal to an audience that will not play the game for long is not the smartest thing.
It’s merchandising yeah but… You know cruel life

1 Like

Well, W3 is not Hots and there are no achievements to get something.

It’s the optional version of the game for purchase, one you can easily avoid and save your money. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s essencially the same thing, because moba and rts resemble alot… And that’s again my point… The fact you like an mmorpg in 3rd person doesn’t mean you will like controlling units from above…

And don’t come to me with the don’t buy the game if you don’t like it

If you like it that’s your problem… Avoid reading comments against the game if you can’t deal with it :wink:

Oh, but im not saying that you shouldn’t buy the game, im just saying that spoils of war edition is an optional one for extra bucks, that you can easily avoid.

It doesn’t matter that much TBH, if it was a main version of the game then a subject of the conversation would be different.

You can buy normal version and you don’t lose anything if you don’t like the rewards in the most expensive one.

Oh well I already bought the game, literally day 1…and while I like Jaina model and she’s gonna be default for me…
I feel sorry for those who wanted war3 related spoils

(I do want to say blizzard has never felt further from fans than nowadays, they put in this marketing strategies that really makes me wonder if they truly know their targeted audience)

1 Like

Now that I understand.
I don’t necessarily agree but I respect that stance very much.
So thank you for caring Sylvos.

Personally I actually don’t like the Jaina skin and will be using regular Archmages.
I know that might seem kind of ironic considering what side I picked in this argument. :smiley:

Lol oh well… She looks better than the campaign Jaina :joy:

Archmages have hugeeee noses :rofl:

You are an incredibly toxic individual, you know that?

Not only are you engaging in hyperbole, but you’re also intentionally misrepresenting WoW players just to bolster your argument. Your elitism will get you nowhere.

4 Likes

I like the part where there’s no acknowledgment that maybe a lot or even some of the MMO players started with the RTS games too. Anyone that’s been a player of Blizzard’s stuff for any amount of time prior to 2004.

I also don’t understand -

Why would you press the hotkey to target yourself for 30 minutes at a boss? That doesn’t seem good for tanking/healing/dealing damage. I don’t think them there darn RTS players would have what it takes to git gud in MMORPG games if that’s the case.

3 Likes

cope

16 characters required

Grom’s jaw contradicts lore, the abomination’s… everything! contradicts logic!

Wow people left wc3 to die in hell.

Blizzard: LETS MAKE SKINS FOR THEM EVERYONE YAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

1 Like

Sorry. If I don’t get a free pass to be irrationally hostile to people who don’t deserve it, neither do you.

2 Likes

No they didn’t. WoW people who played WC3 probably still also played WC3.

Just because WC3 was no longer their main game doesn’t mean they abandoned it.

4 Likes