Difficulty analysis and suggestion for human balance

hi Blizzard,

hope the topic find you well.

I want to highlight one point that when you want to change the balance for human vs. ud, ne, or orc, it is very difficult to do any change. Just as we can see in PTR1.35 you have done some draw-back work. I think it could be understood.

And I think you should noticed that in version 1.32~1.33, human player is not easy to win, and some strengthen is need here, but any change on unit or heroes may make the human race too strong as old story.

so i want to show that, the issue for hum in 1.32~1.33 is that, not strength problem for any single unit, but there is an obviously short board, when the opponent player catch it, then the human player is very difficult to survive. That is the lack of effective method to protect peasant from the enemy‘s small force squad’s harassment with no additional payment on defend tower.

wisp can drink spring to survive, peon can enter burrow, acolyte and ghoul movement is fast and only one spirit tower can make the total enemy slow, but hum can only rely on good architecture and peasant’s sacrifice. So that, the peasant is very weak to face the lich, warden or farseen’s harassment.

So that, the human must build 3~4 towers for the base defense(because only 1 or 2 tower is not useful and easy to be broken), but it will make hum lose resource and time window to develop tech or accumulate troops, which just means survive first and must lose later.
of course in some game, human can get through the early stage without build more tower, but it would be just lucky for opponent’s slack;

So i suggest there could be a new function, maybe make peasant can be hide in the castle, maybe can help hum not to strenthen the frontal attack force too much but eliminate this shortcoming.

1 Like

nice suggestion

I’d say, nerf human entirely, in real campaign and life Human’s are the loosers !
UD and ORC and NE all won something (Durotar, Lordaeron, Kalimdoor) .
Just Human world were destroyed. So why not make a looser race from humans?

Human need better 1 base play. And thats usually rifle caster. The problem with rifle caster is that they are all weak hp units

So human need scroll of protection or scroll of instant healing in the shop at tier 2. Ud dont need that, they have statues. The problem for human is weak units who get aoed to death by stomp chain nova coil impale breath of fire fan etc

Also militoa need some extra protection so i suggest 5 peasants being able to garrison in the town hall. So you can save your gold line fron aoe drive bys

That will actually nerf me a little bit as i sometimes go bloodmage harass in a human mirror but overall the peasants do need more protection. No need to change anything else specially not human late game