Didn't get campaign portrait

I finished the undead campaign, did all the missions without cheatcode or anything but the moment i finished the Siege of Dalaran, a defeat message appeared saying all my buildings had been destroyed(it doesnt make sense, my base didn’t even get a dent) and right after, the expected victory message appeared so i just assumed everything was fine but now that i finished the last chapter and i went to claim my portrait it said i have not finished the Siege of Dalaran chapter.

2 Likes

Did you play with reforged or classic graphics? The campaign portraits are only obtainable via beating campaign in Reforged Mode.

1 Like

I think this is a seperate issue. I’ve h eard many people unable to get the acheievement form this by playing normally, but I’ve heard you actually will get it if you use the instant-win cheat command. (okay… lol)

Yeah, when will it be fixed that these campaigns are seperated? I mean… it’s just graphics difference right? Why separate progress between the two?

As mentioned before; you can just use any cheat code to complete the mission and it will unlock the portrait (given that you have to play in reforged settings). “whosyourdaddy” to be unable to die, or just “allyourbasearebelongtous” to instantly win the current mission.

You potentially can also obtain a txt file, place it in your wc3 folder and be done with it, because the coding on how progress is stored is done at a very infant level of security. More about this on reddit.

So, you are saying that if I achieved a campaign portrait I cannot use it after switching back to Classic mode? Why do you even have this limitation? I don’t mind go through campaigns in Reforged mode, but I don’t want this graphic to be turned on during competitive play. That’s weird…

Campaign, for icons, have to be played in reforged settings. Once unlocked you can switch to classic settings and play with the unlocked icons. All there is, is that icons won’t unlock in classic. But once unlocked, you can use them freely, regardless of setting. Hope that clarifies

Oh, my apologies, I had a feeling this is how it works currently. I recently refunded, so I wasn’t able to re-check things. Thanks for clarifying that.

Its not just different graphics. Besides the handful of remade maps, there are also different item drops and changed quests on the other maps.
It is better to keep them seperated.

The campaign portraits are new for reforged, thus they are a reforged-only feature. This is also why the progress is seperate.

I did in reforged mode and still don’t have my portrait. No cheats were used.

I just finished the siege of Dalaran in Reforged graphics and i got the same bug as described by Melkor (i.e. a message saying mission fail because all building were destroyed during the final cutseen of the mission). I still got a Victory screen but when i looked at the undead campaign menu, the mission was not validated.

I found a solution which is to skip the final cutscene (press escape).

I think what is happening is that as they since they changed the mission, they extended the end with a cutscene while the mission should have end earlier with respect to the old classic mission. Hence probably the game is clearing the map by destroying bulding while the cutscene is happening resulting in a mission fail. By pressing escape the cutseen everything work fine.

That is stupid.
“You cannot unlock portrait bc you’re not playing with our new models”.

Furthermore I make an request for that in the first day and the assistant tell me it’s anormal.
So that “separation” exist maybe just because it’s demand to work on it…

That should be a solution for those lucky ones that see this post before doing the chapter (and I don’t think they will be happy to know that they must skip a cutscene in order to get the deserved portrait). Now for those that already did it, that’s bull****, and blizzard should give the deserved portrait. I’m still waiting for mine btw.

Nice spitting to old players.
Well done.

Sad but true.

I completed the undead campaign on reforged mode HARD but the completion does not register hence i cannot get the portrait. Can blizzard fix this broken mess of a game!!?

3 Likes

I don’t own Reforged so I can’t check for myself, but if you go to your Collections, scroll down to Campaign Portraits and hover over the KelThuzad Lich portrait, does it show which missions are completed and which are not?

If there are any that are not, try replaying those to register them as completed.

Hello, I had the same issue. At the end of the countdown, i have a message “mission failed” and then “Victory” and no portrait.

Exactly the one mentioned, Siege of Dalaran.

There’s also a completion bug in Act 2 of the bonus campaign that is preventing portraits from being awarded. The current work around for that one may work for you.

Start the mission up at the beginning and use the cheat code allyourbasearebelongtous. That may register the mission complete and award the portrait like it does for the bonus campaign.

2 Likes