Did Grubby lie on his twitter?

Hello everyone,

I just pre purchased Warcraft 3 so I would be able to play the original while I wait for the remake.

On twitter i could see that Grubby talked to the developers and said that the keys for the original game would be released soon. This was on November 6th.

Can someone answer me on this?

Yeah, the whole thing is apparently quite a mess. Nobody seems to know when the keys are coming, and there’s been really no answers from Blizzard…

Grubby did not lie, he provided information he received on Blizzcon during Q&A for Warcraft 3 Reforged. It was not his free will, just sharing what he was told by Blizzard employee. The fact that it ended up wrong is not really his fault.
What I already posted in different topic on the forum:
Blizzard actions regarding Classic licenses are really shady and I am beginning to assume that they did not even think about releasing WC3 classic with Reforged, but promised it only after Q&A and feedback. With this they announced that due to a bug it will be available for all Reforged pre-purchases after 5th November. When this was not possible to implement, without any public announcement, the only think was support website update for WC3 classic, that it will be included in Reforged pre-purchase, but they do not have an ETA. Now they chickened out even more, removing this as well.
As summary, I suggest many people (including me) made a pre-purchase so early to get into the classic game due to expectations from original notification with the estimated target and now we are left with no official info if or when players without original WC3 classic license will be able to play WC3 classic, lowering the hype and interest in WC3 completely.
I am not sure if notification with “Blizzard soon” would be more welcome, but at least a bit more transparency would be nice here, as we moved from “estimated target” to “will be” to nothing.
In different forum discussion there is support page https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7836 for patching, where you are able to download Warcraft 3 setup launcher, however I cannot test at the moment if this allows people to install WC3 if they do not have classic license in their account.
Another possibility is that they are working towards making Classic free completely but they do not want to announce it, as it would make people not to buy pre-purchase yet as it does not bring much value at the moment.

1 Like

I found some keys online that work for the story mode, so I am happy with that. I don’t really feel like spending any money with blizzard anymore cause of this. I don’t trust them anymore.

They just announced it, we should get our keys by december 1st

1 Like

…and yet here are some of us who are still waiting for the “keys”,“codes”…or sumthin… Now what is the hold up. I suppose I could try to guess until those cows come home…but instead I’m considering dropping everything Blizzard until they get it right. Even on the full Warcraft there are far to many bugs that make the game more like a chore rather then the game it’s supposed to be what we all paid for…to enjoy it.
I can’t even install after the initial download. I get the conformation that it was purchased yet the install is not “lit up” to accept an install. At the same time when I mouse over the install button I get the message “This game cannot be installed yet.”
go figure

For me, when I install the game it asks me in a popup whether to use my Reforged-linked Battlenet account, or a legacy CD key, and I can play with the Battlenet account by clicking that option. Is this somehow not the case for you?

So I recently contacted support shortly after Pete Stillwell posted that you could now download from the classics section in your account and it wasn’t there for me and I was forced to reinstall. What they told me was basically something is bugging out for those that didn’t own it before it’s removal and they are still in the process of figuring out what is happening.

The link on this thread is working for everyone it seems:

click WIN or MAC

Whats all this fuzz about the CD keys?

Nothing, you can install the game if you own reforged without CD keys now.

Yes, but I think the issue is that it still isn’t showing in the classic games section in our accounts and we have to seek out the link that GaussGreen posted and it’s constantly getting buried. It’s just kind of annoying.

So uh I bought reforged as a gift for a friend and he was able to play no problem.

…and when I say no problem I mean he could install, login and play just fine until sometime in almost every game when every player’s game crashes :joy: