Developers answers questions from Back2Warcraft fan site

-No ladder on release

-Colors: Team colors will pop out more / silouetting will be improved.

-In 1-2 weeks, all pre-purchasers will have beta access. Virtual ticket holders last, preorder people first.

-New music will be added

-Original voices. No new recordings

-Cutscenes of blizzcon 2018 build are scratched. Back to old cutscenes.

-Esport: Very interested, but nothing to announce.

-Observermode. Can’t confirm anything.

-Editor will be in the beta soon.

-Original graphics will be added to the beta

-More content will be added to the game after release. (I guess skins etc)

-8 Paladin skins in Reforged

??

What did they mean by that?

I assume it’s the possibility to switch between old and new graphics.

2 Likes

Not cutscenes or new recordings?

1 Like

Don’t care. Multiplayer isn’t why I play WC3.

This has been a contentious issue on these forums, glad to hear some form of acknowledgment about this.

You hear that guys? Your beta access is coming! Just be patient!

I think I heard some during the beta. This is cool.

Which means they scrapped the rewriting part of the Reforged campaigns but are probably keeping the map changes. This is good.

Good Guy Blizz tryin’ to make my machinima plans even easier to accomplish.

Good, it’s overrated.

Useless feature anyway. If I want to watch someone else play the game I’d rather watch them streaming it. Less processing power wasted on my end.

VERY good news!

I mean, I saw this coming when I saw the toggle in the settings menu.

Makes sense.

Paladins 4 life, man.

1 Like

is that an out of season april fool’s joke ?! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

probably…

1 Like

Anything on when we get Undead and Night Elves into the game playable?

1 Like

undead in 1 week, NE in 3 weeks

1 Like

Citation needed.

Hmmm.

A lot of that looks WAY too specific when it comes to Blizzard. I’d recommend following B2W’s advice and take that with a huge pinch of salt.

So, how they will add new characters to the campaign, like Anasterian, if no new voice recording. Or it’s only about old characters, but what about interaction with new ones?

Anasterion is probably just a cameo. He’ll likely use pre-existing generic dialogue.

Why wouldn’t there be ladder from the start? What kind of nonsense is that? Just release the game a little later…

And what will happen to the classic ladder… we were supposed to be able to play with Reforged people.

Maybe the technical hurdles of cross-compatibility proved too strong to overcome.

That might explain the obvious setback they had earlier this year.

2 Likes

[long, wet fart sound]

1 Like

Um. King…

This is GOOD news, actually.

1 Like

[long, wet fart sound continues]

They made a big deal about how detailed their character models were and hand-animating cutscenes at BlizzCon. Them backpedaling this hard is kind of worrying overall (even if it does save them grief).

The new voices I can live without because I do like the Warcraft 3 voices and all that, but it’d be interesting to hear where they’d go with a new Footman or Gyrocopter voice. And if they can have an ‘old graphics’ toggle in the Reforged menu, no idea why they couldn’t have an ‘old voices’ toggle as well in that case.

1 Like

Well, it’s good news for me because now it’ll be easier for me to make machinima using Reforged.

1 Like