Custom Game Spontaneous D/C

I’m just curious if there is a solid answer yet about fixing mid-game crashes where it simply boots a player from the game. It’s pretty annoying to get 20+ minutes in then just get booted.

If there isn’t a simple fix for this then…why not? It used to work fine before. Just do that again.

If there is a way to fix this, I’d love to know and I’m sure others would love to be able to listen in on this conversation.

Code quality issues with the original Warcraft III code. It used to work, but in the same way that a tall building held together by duct tape kind of worked.

They added new features and improved parts of the code but in doing so it made results less deterministic between clients. These get registered as desyncs which cause the described behaviour as the server has to drop the client.

As these issues get properly reported, they get fixed. A proper report has to be one that given a custom map and a set of easy to follow instructions the desync can be reliably reproduced. Simply saying “after 5-67 minutes the map desyncs while playing” is not a proper report as the developers will not be able to reliably recreate the desync to debug it.

Ever find a fix? This issue is killing me. I tried switching between classic/reforged, reinstalling to a different drive, and even upgraded my internet :frowning: