Cool Non Gameplay Additions?

What are some things you think would be cool to add to the game that dont include gameplay? Here are some small Ideas I have.

1-Add more music/themes for multiplayer melee. (Option to turn them off and on)

2-Instant original/new graphics toggle button (like Halo MCC)

3-GUI Snap system. Example put the portrait at the top and resources at the bottom

4-Add graphic toggle option for building environment interaction (snow on buildings or water run off)

5- Add dynamic nature effects with toggle option. (Rain/snow at random times or slight wind storm that makes the trees sway. Snow could accumulate on the ground)

6- Perhaps different visual version of goldmines? (they have themed trees so why not? Although im not a huge advocate for this one)

5 Likes
  • Unlimited permanent rotation. (I don’t think many would argue that is a gameplay changer).
  • Unlimited RGB color choice - especially for campaign or an only-locally-visible multiplayer change.
  • More stats, and graphs.
3 Likes

It’s called winamp/whatever media player you use.

1 Like

The 2nd suggestion is most definitely going to be a thing, judging by what Starcraft Remastered received.

2 Likes

But I want them to make more music because they are great at that.

3 Likes

Lol, does someone still use Winamp? :rofl:

1 Like

I mean… We’re playing an 18 year old game lol. Really gonna call someone out on their media player? Lmao

Wireframe or silhoette shown of units that are being visually blocked by trees in the foreground. Anything that blocks sight of units hiding near trees or behind large structures is bad.

Would be nice to have a feature that shows the ground grid when placing a new building so you can automatically see how close you can put a building near trees and not just when you hover the building near them. If not showing the entire map grid, then a radius around your cursor/building before placement.

1 Like

Base building is a stone’s throw from mazing, really; because you’re trying to create block-points and defensive pockets without walling yourself in.

Being able to see where the map is pathable around a structure you intend to build would definitely be pretty helpful when making the decision about where to build; but it’s also not all that difficult to judge approximate locations without their aid.

Players have been doing that for nearly 2 decades now.