Consulting about Mac book pro

I does not have an issue its more like consulting. I have a book pro apple chip M2 and I would to know if I will be able to play the game warcraft 3 reforge.
8gb ram and graphic Chipset Model: Apple M2
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
Total Number of Cores: 10
Vendor: Apple (0x106b)
Metal Support: Metal 3
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
Resolution: 2560 x 1600 Retina
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: Yes
Connection Type: Internal

thanks

this game does not run natively on Apple Silicon (M1, M2 etc), so you won’t get very high FPS.

however you can probably get close to 60 fps provided you give it the proper graphics configurations.

see this for reference, Warcraft III Reforged on M1 Macbook Air 8GB - YouTube

Hi, GrumpyXcali!

I am a Windows user so my help will only be limited for you on this topic, but I wanted to note for you that other Mac users have reported extensive version-specific issues for Warcraft III: Reforged. The problems mostly all started on August 17th, 2022 when the new people/person at Activision Blizzard tasked with upgrading Warcraft III released into production their new patch, which contained a lot of code changes from the old Reforged team who was fired. Because the new guy is less familiar with the changes, and the changes were intentionally not published by the old team because they were considered incomplete, there are a bunch of fringe cases on Warcraft III: Reforged that no longer work as expected and will probably never be fixed. This includes some campaign crashes and other cases that will probably never be fixed, because Activision Blizzard is trying actively to make their employees realize that they can make $300 million from phone games like Diablo Immortal but only a couple of a bucks from Reforged which is probably more technologically complicated than a phone game. So, they don’t hate you/us or anything, but there is actually an incentive for them to actively be apathetical about anything that goes wrong on Warcraft III: Reforged, and there is no incentive for them to fix problems that arise.

With this in mind, being myself a bit of a forum addict on here, what I was seeing ever since the August 17th, 2022 patch for Warcraft III: Reforged (when that new guy published the unfinished work of the people who were fired from before he worked there) is that since then there were a lot of reports of Warcraft III: Reforged not working on Mac computers. People said that they could not use the Right Click or other fundamental game features, or sometimes the game itself did not work. If your Mac hardware happens to be one of the hardware(s) that has this problem, although I am not affiliated with Activision Blizzard in any way my GUESS is that their tech support staff will be unable to resolve your issue(s) and will inform you that you should use a supported hardware, such as Windows. They probably will not want to tell you this straight out because they themselves would have only limited information about which hardware is supported, and they are definitely not allowed to make code changes to the game to actually fix anything, and it is their job to pretend to be helpful even if they are not allowed to really do anything meaningful.

So, this is all my speculation as someone who has been browsing through these forums periodically for entertainment, but has never tried to play Warcraft III: Reforged on a Mac computer. I hope that my speculation helps you, but it is always possible that the state of things on Mac is actually better than what I’m giving it credit for because I am on “the other side” and am not myself using a Mac. By setting your expectations low, maybe you will give your thanks to Activision Blizzard if the game actually does work on your Mac in case you do end up buying one and trying this game.

Happy gaming!

I think at least some of those issues are tied to certain releases of MacOS. I know at least some Mac users are able to play, but your mileage may vary.

My advice is: Take the plunge and buy it if you don’t already have the older versions of the game on your account, and if you can’t get it to work, Blizzard still has a special refund policy in place for war3, so you can most likely get a refund if it doesn’t work.