Congratulations and big thanks to Total War: Three Kingdoms for the possibility of creating Warcraft 4

Congratulations to “Total War: Three Kingdoms” for incredible success in the US. Namely Three Kingdoms in May was the third best selling game in the US in total, on all platforms, which is the first time since 2012 that a game that came out only for PC has managed to find itself among the Top 3 for sales. Last time Diablo 3 did it in 2012…

These are great news for Total War, but also for strategies and real-time strategy(RTS) generally, which in the past few years have dropped out of the public’s interest, but now they are slowly returning to the big door.

Total War: Three Kingdoms were sold in a phenomenal million copies in just one week after release! Which is for such a niche genre as the strategy, really an incredible number… (Now Blizzard can see that the RTS are not dead yet)? Also, congratulate to Total War: WARHAMMER 1 and 2 for their big success( if they can put 19 races in 2 games, we can also use our races form W3 and WoW make new or old factions, and add some new it’s not hard for 2020…)

Just look that gameplay and everything in general with Three Kingdoms, and imagines what Warcraft 4 can bring… You open eyes to many Sega I hope you do so with Blizzard.

You can do whatever you want with W4… If a story is a problem you can make a story based on WoW Expansion Lore. And so expand and explain the better story in Wow it’s not same when you lead your Hero on ICC to kill Arthas and the whole army… Or we can colonize the new world and lead story in another direction, as orc did in Warcraft 1.

What do you think about this? I think this is a resurrection of the RTS genre! Sorry for Eng. I did my best <3

My idea for Warcraft 4 singleplayer would be nothing short of a grandiose sandbox where you carve out a story for yourself.

Like you take control of Quel’Thalas and then choose either to ally with the Scourge and go undead Elves and have their story, or attack Stormwind and retrieve some artifacts that allow you to go underwater and pwn the Naga and get them into your army…

Full-blown crazy with zero logic. With battles waged on traditional RTS maps with base-building.

Total War meets Lordaeron: The Aftermath.

Total wars are not RTS though…

3 Likes

These terms are meaningless. Witcher 3 is not an RPG because you don’t create a character.

Interesting idea… I did not imagine Warcraft 4 lore as that. But I think we should continue with WOW story till Wrath of the Lich King because Arthas Menethil
and many others heroes come from Warcraft RTS and we should see ending of story from our view/perspective. People from RTS don’t know full story about Arthas and others, they know details like they kill him in ICC and someone replace him… They don’t know about Lord Marrowgar and other parts of Northrend… Imagine playing all that with graphic from 2020 like Total War Three Kingdoms, what a epic game will that be :blush:

Imagine advertising a WC4 that is just a retelling of WoW’s story

Here we have this amazing new game! The next chapter in Warcraft’s history! The flagship of the RTS genre! Its story will be of the adventurers Billy and his friends going to Northrend to make Arfas pay for his sins! Will Billy win? Or will Arfas triumph? Of course, read Wowpedia, these questions are meaningless! Suspense? What suspense?

There can be no WoW 2. The entire point of WoW is to keep your characters on the premise of the sunk cost fallacy.

There is no lore beyond WoW. The world is too small, the known areas are too big. It’s nothing like the transition from WC2 to WC3.

WC4 is impossible, unless you either make some insane reset “500 years into the future” Triceron style or you release a crazy sandbox.

1 Like

I am pretty sure most of Total War: Three Kingdoms sales are in China and/or Asia. The spiffing brit showed that the competitive match making is dominated by Asian players, or at least players using Asian glyphs for user names.

"People are constantly saying Warcraft 4 would sell wc4 would sell, well people are too narrow minded and refuse to understand the risk the company has to take and the struggle they have to go with, and people fail to understand outside of their perfect bubble a wider audience DO NOT CARE for an RTS title.

Basically one of the only standing AAA companies that has managed to get away with RTS titles is because they have been doing it non stop for a very long time and their titles have the capacity to sink in 100 or so hours in its grand scale campaigns.

I’m ofc talking about Creative Assembly and the Total War series. with their biggest audience being from their home country England.

And also you have to remember, to create a brand new AAA title RTS title inside the universe of Warcraft that is gripping enough means it most likely will have a 60$ price tag, if you look at Total War games most if not all of them are full 60$ games. what CA have is continues titles coming out and a loyal community.

Something that Blizzard used to have, but no longer has, its been a full 9 years without any RTS games from them. (Starcraft 2)

I don’t care what people from USA would say to me, but in EU and Asia which by the way are larger supporters of RTS compared to USA. find it hard to buy a 60$ game. and to create a brand new RTS with a price tag of 30$ lets say without the inclusion of microstransactions and paid skins to not get boooooed by people and youtubers therefore creating a bad press is not worth the risk, nor the price tag of 60$ is attractive for people in EU and Asia."

:point_up_2:

This is part of a major thread i created in response to a topic opened: Why No WC4 - Blizzard’s Bizzare Decision

General Discussion

i also think Starcraft 3 is literally the better option and service by the company.

"Furthermore i would love to add Starcraft is far more ripe for another new title then Warcraft, its custom community isn’t as important as the wc3 custom community.

And its legendary campaigns long for continuing its story, where the warcrafts story is being continued with WoW.

So Starcraft 3 ? yeah, i could def see it happening. and being a more wise choice for the company in general."

WC4 is literally just a word. A heavy word, yet with no substance.

Why can’t it be a shooter? Or a Hearthstone expansion?

Do people even remember what an RTS is (they don’t)?

And what is an RTS? How much base-building? How long a match length? How many factions (“races”)? How many units? Heroes? How many heroes? How many items? How big the maps?

Ofc theres milion of asian folks in USA ,they all hurry to buy it and play a game based on asian soildiers and asian wars

Wc4 is going to happen its metter of time, but not in next 2 years for sure.

Im not one who usually cares about a few small typos, but… the grammar in this thread is nauseating, how do people respond to such poor writing? (not talking about the OP just everybody else here)

The ‘4’ is very important to core fans.

If you alienate the series by attaching that number to a game that is of a vastly different genre, then who are they really making that sequel for?

Kinda like if the DOTA Autochess game was called DOTA3 instead of DOTA Underlords. Is it just a word?

Even if WC4 is a very different type of RTS than what it originally was, what has to be kept is the spirit of the series; the soul of the game. We can see that WC3 is already very different from WC1 and WC2 where those were very macro-heavy RTS with hundreds of workers on a goldmine at a time, and you win by out-producing and overwhelming your opponent. WC3 is all about micro and leveling up a Hero. But at the heart and soul, it is still RTS with base building and very defined ‘Rock Paper Scissors’ type of army strategy. It’s not a Total War game, it’s not a Company of Heroes game, it’s not a Starcraft 2 game. If we just reskinned any of those with Warcraft units, we would still feel something missing.

1 Like