Community Managers question

Not realy mate. your overreaching here. Updates for a game or software, is allowed as long as it does not remove any features that you have paid for. (losely said, thier not allowed make updates that would have a negative inpact on the consumer.
Apple is good eg of this. They claimed it was for a good reason and there is no conspiracy, they just forgot to tell everyone about it’s update. Sure.
If you have a product with a hardware issue, you don’t send a software update to deal with it. You recall the product or offer a partial refund.

i have no intrest to comment policital eg.

4 Likes

Sorry you got me wrong, I’m not saying that I would sue Blizzard on the fact that the product misses the promised features and so on. I have refunded and I’m happy with that. I’m just saying that the core problem with Reforged is that they removed the good old battlenet service. You can still play with the game you bought with whatever patch you like.
The problem with the removal of battlenet is that it is clearly stated that the service could be changed or terminated anytime.
The silly part is that if they just terminated it, well, who cares, let’s make a vpn and be happy. But, they also removed the possibility to host games. That’s an atrocious stupid decision.
So, in the end, they didn’t get anything from what you paid for 20 years ago, besides the online service… but you, me and everyone else already agreed on it.
The problem with mobile phones is different, because they are locked and breaking the lock you are also breaking the agreement. Oh, if you carefully read the android one you are even not able to “think about the algorithms”. I mean there is people that really writes this in this %$££%$ up world^^
So, if you are really unhappy with the current status of the game, just recover your old installation and play it. We all understand it, all, beside the so called developers…

3 Likes

Yes but that is as subjective as a balance patch removing some feature that you could argue you paid for. You have to realize that the very definition you are using doesn’t exist; it’s all simply a case of people (ie general consensus) accepting what comes with a digital product. The only real argument back in the day is ‘you can play singleplayer without ever patching’ as a means to circumvent the ‘rule’ that you’re outlining here.

All balance changes negatively impact someone. It’s a matter of perspective. Reforged is as much as scam as the latest balance changes can be considered negatively impacting a certain player enough to call for a refund; it’s absolutely subjective and not bound by definitions of law.

And if we’re being absolutely technical, all of this can be made into a lawsuit. Whether or not it holds water is a different story entirely, and it’s not blatantly a case of ‘calling it fraud’ equates to being fraud.

1 Like

Community Managers are 100% active. My forum account was silenced for 30 days without notice, I only found out because I put a support ticket in asking why I couldn’t post. The post I made was on the general forums letting people know about the indefinite Reforged refunds available. I’ll admit it was out of spite cause of how Blizzard abandoned this game, but sucks to get silenced for that lol.

Edit: I was just unsilenced yesterday, so they were active at least 31 days ago lol. If you guys dont hear from me after this then you know I was taken out by Actiblizzard assassins.

2 Likes

Don’t confuse CM’s with forum moderators.

CMs are part of Community. The only CM I’ve seen around here is Kaivax who is technically a WoW CM. I suspect he just drops in here to post for the developers and that’s it. Otherwise, I don’t think WC3R has forum CMs (similar to SCR).

The moderators, on the other hand, are a separate team and are under Support. They work across all the Bliz forums. Flags go into a queue and the moderators run through the queue going to where ever the flags are.

That likely isn’t the only cause, because by itself, it’s not a violation to post about WC3R refunds. Are you sure you didn’t throw any colorful forum violations in the process?

Since day one, I’ve been posting about and linking to refunds. I’ve kept it informational without any violations and not only have I never been silenced, I’ve never had any of the posts removed.

3 Likes

I am thinking it might be relate to the bug ware some member lose forum access, if you recall? Refunding reforged has revoked forum access for two players

I could be wrong here.

edit:
p.s for what it’s worth. I do appricate you infroming people on what is what and how it works. Thank you for that Leviathan. Giving insight to stuff like that does help with perspective

1 Like

It does line up pretty close to when that bug popped up. Magnus mentioned contacting support about the suspension, so I assumed it was confirmed in what ever answer they got.

Aye, I had recently gotten a temporary posting ban, though it took a fair while till I got those back, messaged support about it and everything, they told me they were getting some reports of this occurring.

Tbh, I’m really not a forum troll or a mean person in general so I can’t think of a post I made that was worse, I do remember saying Activision ruined Blizzard too though lol . But the support didn’t actually state which post was wrong, they said I violated forum rules, so thats the worst post I can think of that could offend Blizzard enough to silence me. I’m not upset or anything, I kind of got a kick out of it.

1 Like

Your ideals of what classifies as a scam or robbery are jaded, I’ll come take your computer and decide after I’m done with it to give it back to you, hows that sound. You cool with that? no you’d be calling the police reporting a robbery. It doesn’t matter if they gave money back, that just means they attoned for their crime, they still mislead us and tricked us into buying their faulty and not as advertised game.

Seeing that’s in no way equivalent to, or even analogous to, a voluntary purchase, omeggidon, sure, I’d call it a robbery.

Now, if I sell you my faulty computer, meaning I willfully hand it over to you in exchange for something, and I don’t offer to reverse the exchange, then yes, you could claim a scam. (That’s an analogy, btw.) But when confronted, I voluntarily offer to reverse the exchange, no, you don’t have a scam.

If you going to attempt analogies, omeggidon, they have to be… analogous, at least a little. Besides, if my “ideals” of what a scam is are jaded, then so is the rest of professional world’s seeing I pulled my meanings from dictionaries, and law/legal sources, etc.

1 Like

Do you realize Battlenet is a service and not a product right? For which you never paid for by the way.
The product is the cd.
Real problem is with Reforged they:
forced the update
shut down battlenet
remove the possibility to host
removed the possibility to rollback or download a previous version

this is the real problem. They didn’t come to my house and grabbed the cd, they didn’t dare^^ But they suddenly asked me to retrieve a cd key from a phisical cd that was somewhere 2000km away (let’s remember 20 years have passed) when they could simply read the key from the current installation.
all this is the real subtle scam…

I guess there is more pride in breaking into a house and steal a computer than this.
What thay did is so ******* lame that is even lame for a scam^^

Oh, don’t forget the 20Gb of bloatware you got instead…

1 Like

I once complained asking if I have to download the pirate game to play the custom campaign.
And they “banned” me for that.

2 Likes

It’s just a shame their bans aren’t permanent.

1 Like

Tutan! I commented on that thread! I think I got banned from that same thing then. Thats where I said Actiblizzard was greedy and posted a link to the refund page. You got me banned bro! :wink:

1 Like

Well, the correct answer is “buy a second hand one and play it locally without update”^^

But I guess their correct answer is: “buy reforged we are going to add it soon!”^^

1 Like

The problem is that I have bought the Reforged and even so I have to resort to “second hand”.
I mean, I still can’t do any of the things I bought Reforged for.

1 Like

Reforged version didn’t even launch on my computer and the message was that I had to buy Reforged in order to play it^^
No explanation whatsoever from them, so I have refunded… but I understand what you mean

3 Likes

It is actually very “equivalent” to the point, actually irrevocably equivalent to the logic. A scam, is a scam regardless whether they gave the money back realizing that if they didn’t give refunds, they would have a class action law suit on their hands. They promised a completely different product than what they delivered and at no point prior to its release did they let anyone know that what was being pre-ordered was not going to be as advertised. That my good sir, is a manipulation, a scam. Promising something that isn’t what you are going to be getting…what the word for that…right…a scam.

If you are going to attempt to act intelligent, please at least be half-ways intelligent about your over-exaggeration of knowledge. Blizzard-Activision Scammed us, promising something they didn’t deliver. Refunding your money doesn’t make it any less of a scam, looking at the official site, they still haven’t updated that to reflect that the actual product is not as advertised.

So no, your ideals of what actually classifies as a scam are jaded, what blizzard did is scam its customer base, promising a product it didn’t deliver to boost sales, you think they really felt a loss of the miniscule refunds they did give? To a company like Blizzard-Activision, what they lost is pocket change, what they gained from happy investors and more…so if you want to bring “money” into this apply your concept correctly. They created a high demand through fraud, promising a game they weren’t going to deliver. Sorry, but that is equivalent in part to me stealing your computer then giving it back just to avoid legal repercussions. They scammed us out of the money we spent on the reforged they said they were delivering, but in reality not only gave us less than what they promised, but also forced that downgrade onto others. If that’s not a scam in your definition, I got some prime real estate on the bright side of the moon with your name on it for only 1059.99USD.

1 Like

Sorry, omeggidon, like I said in the case of Reforged, there’s no scam if there wasn’t a gain/loss of money. Regardless of why you think Bliz offered refunds, whether you liked Reforged’s release or not, whether you believe anything was promised, or anything else has no bearing on if Reforged was a scam or not.

That said, one of my favorite things to hear from those like you is the notion of “promise”. You will not find Bliz promising anything during Reforged’s development. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. It all came with the disclaimer that nothing is set in stone. Bliz didn’t promise anyone anything. And since your whole counter argument is based off what was “promised” that puts that to rest.

Oh, I just got to your 2nd paragraph where you felt your position threatened enough to pull ad hominem. Well that just about finishes you off here.

Edit: I see you replying. Understand that just repeating the same thing over and over that’s contrary to a word’s meaning isn’t a rebuttal, it isn’t going to change the meaning. Everything/anything that was lost can be reclaimed.