Commitments of a heritage - Never delete the achievments (Win-Statistics/Icons) your players earned

@ The Reforged Team:

First of all → Please excuse my bad English!

I don’t want to/need to repeat the criticism most people did here, but I have to tell you 2 things, that I have not seen mentioned yet, but those have a really, really big impact for my motivation playing/going on playing Blizzard games!!!

And I guess others see it in the same way, they just did not recognize the whole problem yet!

I am a mass German ‘WarCraft III’ Player (2nd German Illidan - > 25 000 games overall) with semiprofessional history (Top10 Ladder in 2on2 AT and RT several times & 2nd German national team in 2on2) and even when I didn’t play several years I logged in with my mainaccount (all ICONS earned) every 3 months for 17,5 years!!!) so my achivements get not lost (89 days barrier …!).

If my Icons will get lost now (right now they are…!!#AaaaRGGH#!!, but Blizzard said, they will try to keep them as it is possible) I WILL make a really hard cut with my old love (best gaming forge of the old times) Blizzard.

I payed over 4500€ until today for Blizzard games, card packs and abos (and even much more for statues, fan stuff etc).

After the fails of ‘FREE Hong Kong’, ‘Diab. Immortal’, Diab.3 Release - this REFORGED SCAM is too much - WarCraft 3 TFT is in my eyes the best game ever made (in sum of single- and multiplayer corresponding to the release time).

I DEMAND very extensive rework/patches to this release and I WANT MY HARD EARNED ILLIDAN, ARCHIMOND Icons back (also the best atmosphere feature of B-NET, the good old automated tournaments!).

You killed/stole my achievements with getting rid of B-NET 1.0 without transferring my profile statistics to B-NET 2.0 right now.

You simply could instant overwrite the statistics (of my well nourished old B-NET 1.0 profile) in my “new” B-NET 2.0 profile and enable the usage of my oldschool 1500 Win Pics!!!

And if I missed just 2 wins to JAINA, MAIEV, REXXAR, SYLVANAS Pic, I just should miss those two wins in the new profile!

My Human, Orc, Undead, Nightelf Wins were just ~7-25 Wins away (on purpose) from the 1500 pics for years (it looked cooler to be so close to it) from the 1500s goal and now you tell me this is all gone?

Think about it!

Thousands of hours were invested in this achievements and all the experience/nostalgic associations get almost completely deleted and not honored, if you don’t transfer this to B-NET 2.0.

What sign/symbol/message is this to all your other Blizzard games???

Why should I get all the achievements in Wow, SC2, Hearthstone, Overwatch, if after mastering the challenges my icons/rewards will get stolen in some years?

This kills in several ways all my motivation for the other competetive Blizzard games!

Beside the fact, that WarCraft III ist a true heritage of your own origins.

YOU MAY NOT KILL my statistics.

I can’t even go back to B-NET 1.0, because all is blown in the wind right now.

And also your comment to the automated tournaments shows a great ignorance and not ‘being part’ of the good old WC III scene.

I have been there and played your games since 1997 (WCIII since 2002)!

Let me tell you, that beside the big LAN tournaments and national competetive games, the automated tournaments were the greatest atmosphere happenings in the casual week to week life of a normal WC3 gamer.

I never understood, why you did not transfer this tournament style (8 games maximum in total in pre-round - 2,5 hours long - then the round of best 16 started at same time - max. 30 minutes for each game then) to SC2.

And then/now (mid 2019) you kicked them totally … - there was a big chance with a refilled playerpool (“inter-world-serverconnection”) to bring this best part of WC3 B-NET1.0 back to life.

The low usage of tournaments in the last years of WCIII was up to a bugged enviroment and a smaller playerpool, but not because of the great atmosphere of them (you could win a tournament from home and you could win bonus wins with better torunament ranking - even with your allies!!! - what a great social component).

You always make the same mistakes since about 10-12 years. You go more and more casual (because you think you get more players/earn more money) but so you loose the key/core fascination of your games and so the whole community!

P.S.: I hoped with a polished re-release of this classical masterpiece a new player base would enter this legend and a fresh wind would blow through the realms - maybe even new tactics etc. coming.

This chance was totally crashed …

I am really realy sad, about what happened here.

WCIII Reforged was such a big chance …

Money can be refunded, but faith can never be restored …

Look, what 1 man, with the passion that drove the initial blizzard team over 25 year ago, can do with editing/camera angels/atmosphere improvements to the old legendary storyline.

WARCRAFT | Reign of Chaos - Episode 12 - YouTube

12 episodes (at patreon even more)

You should hire him and let him make a big revolution at your team.

He is one man (so far as I know) and he really topped your work by far.

Just by big passion…!

P.P.S.:

I want my old WCIII back - and for sure I want my Icons/statistics transferred to B-NET 2.0, if you don’t give me my old games back (for what I payed - I even had a ‘WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos Collecto’s Edition’ and for what I invested thousands of hours!)

What will happen now to my old B-NET 1.0 profile, when I don’t link it with the B-NET2.0 in 89 days (in B-NET 1.0 profiles were deleted, when you did not log-in every 90 days) ?

And why should I even link it, when i don’t get my score statistics transferred?

If there is (hopefully!) a chance B-NET 1.0 will get revived (as long as you don’t copy to 100%!!! what I owned/workd/paid for to B-NET 2.0) is my old profile gone, when I linked it with 2.0?

Would be nice, if you could answer this questions fast (before 90 days are over) …
to help me not making any irrevocable mistakes…

Back in the old days (2002) you had a really great homepage, which answered all the questions (I am not allowed to link it here in forum…!)

I logged in B-NET 1.0 the last time about 2 days before REFORGED release → h_t_t_p://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/W3XP-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=FetT.E.R.Sven

P.P.P.S.: I remember days, when Blizzard games were just released, when they fullfill one thing, to be released → “WHEN IT’S DONE!”
Please never release a game before this again!
Remember your own old core values

10 Likes

So sad man. Worst part is now in refunded you can unlock all that work just by rewriting some lines in the gamefiles.

So even if they return your achievments they lost their worth.

You are sure?
In which gamefiles can I unlock the icons/achievements (beside the fact, that there are not the old icons added to the collection yet …!) or edit my statistics?

That makes no sense °_o … - I would be able to overwrite the information on their servers, with editing some local files?

There was a Thread about how to do it arround here and on reddit 1 day ago, lemme have look.

1 Like

As much as I roll my eyes at most of the hyperbole covering the forum, this post makes a strikingly good point. If people still have their accounts and stats 17 years later, they should absolutely keep it.

1 Like

So this answers at least some questions.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/258365

But I hope I will be able to choose from my old Icons (Illidan, Archimond etc.)!!!

A really sad thing would be, if my 1499 win races (I did not get the last win, because I thought it looked cooler with 4 races to have just 1499 wins) will now never be possible to get me that Maiev, Sylvanas, Jaina, Rexxar Pic???
This would be another stolen possibility, I/we had with classic!!!
So another downgrade …

Also now with this bll_sht inflation of icons (the true meaning of an Illidan does not mean so much anymore, if you have “9287309389428” Icons, noone knows immediately the meanig off - in old times everyone knew, what it means, if an Illidan entered the channel!).

So I hope, if I play with Classic Graphic settings, I can earn me my last few missing wins for the classic 1500 Icons!

3 Likes